Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
58 days until our Bulgaria trip..............and, a couple moments ago, since we decided a while back, (because we both hate flying/airports), that we'd do one longer trip next year instead of two 'shorter' ones, we placed a deposit on an RC vessel leaving Barcelona October 18, 2018, (base price $473 US p.p.), for Miami....arriving Miami on Halloween...(OMG...now we have to come up with costume ideas for the flight Miami-Toronto).

Figure on leaving Toronto ~September 01, 2018....find a cheap flight 'somewhere' in Europe...the only 'must do' on the agenda is The Little Yellow Train...and wend our way to Barcelona.

Ha . Miami airport during that period .You will see some party revelers you might not want to see . Fantasy Fest is ending then in Key West !

You will see some party revelers you might not want to see .

It always seems that those you wish to observe least are the ones most insistent upon displaying themselves.......if only it were the reverse.

Heading to Toronto for many things. Reunion of pals from 1968, a yearly event made more special by the death of our photographer last year. No more evidence! In Bayfield on Lake Huron up the shore from Grand Bend.

Then a trip to Ottawa to visit GCs 1&2, back to Whitby for GC3, then The Beach for GCs 4 & 5, finally visiting a buddy who just retired 2 years ago. Finally a reunion of Megacorp at the National Yacht Club.

(Our buddies from Branson, MO are visiting Vancouver the the moment. Got here yesterday in their Airstream and are staying at the Capilano Indian campground by the river.)

placed a deposit on an RC vessel leaving Barcelona October 18, 2018, (base price $473 US p.p.), for Miami....arriving Miami on Halloween...(OMG...now we have to come up with costume ideas for the flight Miami-Toronto).
Last Halloween, we ended up arriving in Tampa (from Barcelona) on RC.

We're leaving for our trip a few days after you (9/3). Let us know if you'll be flying into Copenhagen....But I wouldn't recommend it...the hotel prices are horrific.

Let us know if you'll be flying into Copenhagen....But I wouldn't recommend it...the hotel prices are horrific.

When we were in Copenhagen, in 2014, we stayed in a tiny airbnb room, (which we shared at night with the cat), in a lady's apartment across the street from the Rosenborg Castle gardens........not inexpensive but way better than paying hotel prices.

This time next year we'll just look for cheap one way flights virtually anywhere, (likely in Southern Europe or Britain), look around, grab a shuttle or a train to take us closer to where we want to end up......roll of the dice.

You're planning ahead!! I thought it was this year.

Yeah...the price dropped; it was $685 for an inside cabin on July 18, $592 on August 14, $617 on August 15, and $473 today...so we stepped in.

This year we're heading for Sofia, Bulgaria, via Istanbul, on Oct 22, and catching the RC Jewel of the Seas from Civitavecchia to San Juan on Nov 06.

58 days until our Bulgaria trip..............and, a couple moments ago, since we decided a while back, (because we both hate flying/airports), that we'd do one longer trip next year instead of two 'shorter' ones, we placed a deposit on an RC vessel leaving Barcelona October 18, 2018, (base price $473 US p.p.), for Miami....arriving Miami on Halloween...(OMG...now we have to come up with costume ideas for the flight Miami-Toronto).

Figure on leaving Toronto ~September 01, 2018....find a cheap flight 'somewhere' in Europe...the only 'must do' on the agenda is The Little Yellow Train...and wend our way to Barcelona.

Check out this video of a "Secret food tour" in Barcelona.

https://youtu.be/X7Z3oY4d-VA

Check out this video of a "Secret food tour" in Barcelona.

https://youtu.be/X7Z3oY4d-VA

A fellow Irishwoman, eh?

I'm afraid, however, that cuisine related info just bounces off us......(as noted previously..."we grab something to eat....we don't dine").

I was first in Barcelona 54 years ago, and have been there a number of times since......this go around we'll likely arrive and depart the same day.....perhaps from Perpignan..or..or...:)

I'm afraid, however, that cuisine related info just bounces off us......(as noted previously..."we grab something to eat....we don't dine").

Apologies, I forgot you don't enjoy eating. But others might.

Apologies, I forgot you don't enjoy eating. But others might.

It's not that we don't enjoy eating, it's just that it's a minor, almost non-existent, appurtenance to our travel.;)

It's not that we don't enjoy eating, it's just that it's a minor, almost non-existent, appurtenance to our travel.;)

I'm gonna guess somebody got a thesaurus for their birthday...

:D

Tomorrow we're taking off for Haarlem Netherlands followed by Munich, then Austria. Four weeks bouncing around in these countries. Planes, trains mostly.

Just went through Haarlem by train from the beach. Looked beautiful. Also gorgeous dunes and forest between Haarlem and the beach.

We spent 2 weeks in Spain in 2007. I am ready to go back.

So many places, so little time and energy.

Just went through Haarlem by train from the beach. Looked beautiful. Also gorgeous dunes and forest between Haarlem and the beach.

We didn't get to the beach. Haarlem was really nice and cozy after a long plane ride. Took day trips to Rotterdam, Delft, Enkhuisen. Each very different and fun. We're really using the Tripkey a lot. Now in Amsterdam for 5 days.

TripKey looks like a really easy way to pay for public transit.

I'm always ending up in Spain because there are so many cheap trans atlantic cruises that start or end there. If you sail to or fro, you only need to put up with the airline headache once! And oh, if you live in a monopoly airline city like I do, it's actually cheaper to sail!

I have not been to Portugal. So will have to go there the next time in Spain. Maybe make it a 1-month trip. Maybe go up to Northern Spain, and drop by Andorra? Or save Andorra for the next time in Southern France, and combine that with Pays Basque?

Maybe driving this time, instead of rail travel like last time? Will I get more traffic ticket? :)

Lots of places I have not been to. The earth is not that small after all.

Last edited:
I have always wanted to go to Asturias, the northern region of Spain that is not as popular as Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, etc... And that is because of this guitar piece.

Heading to Cancun with DW and two DS in December, the week before Christmas. Staying at the Fiesta Americana Condesa - our fifth time at that property (we love it). Not really concerned about the recent travel advisories as we tend to stay on property much of the time - maybe a quick trip to Isla Mujeres at most. Viva Mexico!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom