Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They taste quite good with butter and salt. Not as good as fresh peas or even frozen peas, these type come out of a can.

Had to meet a guy on Haight Street in San Francisco for a business transaction today (sounds shady but wasn't). While waiting for him and looking at the people walking by, the phrase "dirty little hipsters" that I remember haha using came to mind. When I was a kid, my Mum thought that the flat I shared with my student friends was dirty, and she thought I was pretty scruffy too, but I don't think I was ever as unkempt and unsavory-looking as many of the kids (and not so young people) that I saw outside Amoeba Music on Haight Street today.

I am definitely middle-aged now and you know what - I'm very comfortable with that too!

Back from Barcelona - Gaudi fan now.
Fantastic isn't it? I only spent two days there. I would like to go back and stay a little longer.

We are leaving for San Diego and a drive up the CA coast in a week. We have bikes reserved in several places and plan to stay in a Yurt for a couple of days in Big Sur.

I'm considering doing a guided trek in Iceland in the summer. If anyone has any Iceland knowledge, i'd be interested in what you have to say.

Back from Barcelona - Gaudi fan now.

I was there for a week last year - I really miss the Iberico ham!

Will be going to China for some golfing at Mission Hills and some other courses - leaving tomorrow. :dance:

Fantastic isn't it? I only spent two days there. I would like to go back and stay a little longer.

We are leaving for San Diego and a drive up the CA coast in a week. We have bikes reserved in several places and plan to stay in a Yurt for a couple of days in Big Sur.

We did this drive a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Gotta see Hurst castle, Monterey Pennisula, 7 mile drive and Pebble Beach golf course. The drive up the coast is beautiful. Wish we would have stopped more often to just take in the scenery. Enjoy your trip.

Heading to Chicago on the 19th of April to see grandson #1 graduate navy boot camp. DW and I will be traveling with our daughter and SIL. It's been awhile since we've flown anywhere. DD made arrangements for the airfare and I guess I didn't realize that United and American have merged. Going up on one and coming back on the other. Direct flight both ways. Non stop, but as George Carlin used to say, "I demand that my plane stop".

I'm considering doing a guided trek in Iceland in the summer. If anyone has any Iceland knowledge, i'd be interested in what you have to say.
I've got a friend who is from Iceland. If you want to share your itinerary I'll be happy to send it to her and see what she thinks. She now lives in Florida, but goes back fairly frequently.

We are taking our lives into our hands and going on a 5-night Carnival Cruise out of Port Canaveral next week. It's Spring Break for the elementary school kids I babysit so DH and I decided Wed we should go somewhere. Many college kids are also on Spring Break so it should be interesting on the boat.

We haven't cruised for about 14 years and our other 3 cruises were 7-night cruises on RCCL. We figure we will have the boat to ourselves if we are out and about before noon!

It's nice to be able to drive to the port (from Tampa area) and not have to fly. We found parking for $5 a day at the Canaveral Radisson so the whole trip will be quite economical if we don't do too much drinking on the boat.

The cruise was a nice little getaway. Of the 2,000 guests on the boat, 900 of them were under 18 so most of the screaming came from kids going down the waterslide. Suprised the heck out of me. I thought Carnival would be full of partiers in their twenties.

We had no assigned meal time but ended up "building" a dinner group of 2 highschool girlfriends with one's mom from Indiana and two college sorority sisters from a college in GA. The young adults were smart and funny and gave us much hope for the future. There are lots of nice and interesting people out there!

Twenty years worth - getting ready to trade the old beloved Class B on a larger unit.

gyrfalcon.jpg

Yippee! Spending a week in Bali, Indonesia end of the month. Looking forward to some great views, golf and pampering. It has been at least 7 years since I was last there.

We are visiting Quebec City right now. Lucked into unseasonably mild weather, and we have been taking advantage of it by walking all over this beautiful city. Friendly people, great food and drink, history surrounding us: nothing better! Now if they could only do something about the multiple sales taxes on everything...

We are headed to San Miguel and Guanajuato on May 6 for 5 days. Road trip from PV through Guadalajara first. We have a cat sitter lined up in PV. Should be cooler although PV is very comfortable right now: 73 with 60% humidity.

kcowan said:
We are headed to San Miguel and Guanajuato on May 6 for 5 days. Road trip from PV through Guadalajara first. We have a cat sitter lined up in PV. Should be cooler although PV is very comfortable right now: 73 with 60% humidity.

In Zion right now , just got back from hiking to observation point. I recommend it if you ever visit zion.

I have a couple of trips planned so far. I am visiting a cousin on Cape Cod for a week in July. I am also booked on a 10 day trip to Ireland in early October. It is a primarily a theater trip (20 Pittsburghers led by a theater director) but we also visit museums, churches, literary places of interest, a brewery and a distillery.
My son is coming home for a week in June, too, and I'd like to drag him to Gettysburg for a few days to bike the battlefield. I'd also like to visit the Eisenhower Farm as it is a place I've never been.

Small world... We leave Playa del Carmen on Thursday for Chiapas, then to Guanajuato and San Miguel del Allende about the same time.

Let's have a drink or something! :dance:

In Zion right now , just got back from hiking to observation point. I recommend it if you ever visit zion.

Angels Landing is the most awesome hike we have ever taken... Just take your vertigo pills and lots of water. :angel:

We began by looking at taking a road trip out west....but then figured that, if you start, you have to go all the way to the coast, (don't want to end up in Saskatchewan or N. Dakota...not that, as per Jerry Seinfeld, there's anything wrong with those places).

Then looked at the economy, the markets, etc, and thought maybe not this year.

Then thought of a quickie down to N. Carolina, (where we've been a number of times before).

Then we saw a discounted all-inclusive package to Costa Rica, departing May 28......so we booked it 15 minutes ago.

Four days driving across the country to San Francisco in early june.

We have 3 trips planned in our first year of retirement: 10 days to Dallas and Santa Fe to visit family and friends (flying), 1 week at Lake Sunapee in New Hampshire, and a 2-3 week roadtrip from Boston down through the smoky mountains in September.

After that, we'll see. So excited.

We are starting to plan a 1 month trip to Aus/NZ late next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom