Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cab to the airport later this PM to fly to Paris. Going on a bike and barge trip south of the city.

Just purchased tickets for six weeks in the Western Balkans during May and June. I'll fly to Zagreb and recover from jet lag on the coast of Croatia's Istria peninsula. Next stop is Venice where I'll stay until I run out of 'Wow!'s or bust the budget, whichever comes first. Backtrack to Slovenia for a few days. Ease on over to the Croatian coast and follow it south, island hopping at the speed of whim. Repeat for coastal Montenegro. Turn left to inland Montenegro then return to Zagreb by train via Belgrade, Serbia.

It's day 5 of the trip. Want a bit of vicarious travel enjoyment? Each day I'm posting 1 or 2 photos and occasionally a paragraph on a tumblr created just for this trip: Traveling at the Speed of Whim.

Got 2 weeks in Asheville NC this Sept then 2 weeks on St John USVI come April, life is good.

My cousin and I have booked a tour of Scotland...two weeks in early August. I will also visit another cousin for a week in July at her home on Cape Cod.

padlin00 said:
Got 2 weeks in Asheville NC this Sept then 2 weeks on St John USVI come April, life is good.

Can't go wrong with St. John. My favorite place, the one location I lose track what day it is. Going in November, also.

I have signed up for my first Road Scholar program: the Oregon Festival of American Music, in August. This is within drivable distance and I plan to spend a few days before and after exploring Washington and Oregon. I want to do the Boeing tour, amongst other things. Should be fun!

I have also booked a week at a nice resort on the Mayan Riviera in December. Booked the accommodation using points from my fractional ownership.

Got back last night from a road trip to NM, CO and WY.

In no particular order...

Animals...a kitty fell asleep on my derriere (we stayed the first night with a friend and his cat took a shine to me). We saw herds of cattle, horses, bison, antelope, deer, elk, longhorn sheep, a coyote and various bird species. My favorite bird was the Raven...I swear they look as if they are on steroids.

Weather...hot, warm, cool, cold, dust devils, dust storms, sprinkles of rain, periods of fog and 'thundersnow'.

Food...lots of biscuits and gravy, green chili cheeseburgers (made my eyes water), bison burgers, prime rib, cheesecake, homemade pasta, etc...

Drink...lots of water, iced tea, coffee, various types of beer, wine, Jack Daniels and Bailey's Irish Cream (for my coffee don't ya know)

Lodging...Holiday Inn Express, Super 8 :p, Best Western and Old Faithful Inn.

'Scenery'...deserts, oil rigs, cemetery signs, tumbleweeds, hills, mountains, canyons, rivers, creeks, lakes, Old Faithful, trees...flowers...shrubs of all kinds. Bikers (both m/c and bikes), hitchhikers, back packers (some had enjoyed the rocky mountain high in CO for too long...:blink:).

We made no reservations nor did we have any commitments or time schedules. We did not watch the news on tv, listen to news on the radio, log on the internet or read a newspaper. During most of our trip, we saw very few vehicles...every road seemed to be there just for us. Not one scratch on our new car...just a few bug splatters. Everything fell into place....

It was a perfect trip...one that was needed badly.

Here are a couple of my favorite pics.....:)

Attachments

• DSC04477.jpg
    DSC04477.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC04475.jpg
    DSC04475.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Looks like you had a fantastic break.

Just back from 10 days in Europe. Regent Seven Seas cruise from Rome to Barcelona. First Med cruise in 40 years. (Ship much nicer than big grey boat I first traveled on.) :) DW's first visit to Europe. First big vacation in 5 year retirement; really, really had a great time.

t.r.

Seeing if I can attach a picture:

DSCN0359.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

Florence and then Rome (reverse order that we visited them).

t.r.

Thanks y'all....:flowers:....and TeeRuh love the pics!

Here are a few more of my pics...one from NM and two from CO.

Attachments

• DSC04400.jpg
    DSC04400.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC04423.jpg
    DSC04423.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC04434.jpg
    DSC04434.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 42
Oh...and I can't leave out [-]Jellystone[/-] Yellowstone...

I love WY.....:smitten:

Attachments

• DSC04527.jpg
    DSC04527.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC04555.jpg
    DSC04555.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 19
Just drove from the states to Playa del Carmen. Here's some pictures from Palenque, Bacalar Lake, Mahahual and Xcalak...

Attachments

• 20130518_154420.jpg
    20130518_154420.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20130511_084259.jpg
    20130511_084259.jpg
    596.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20130519_142031.jpg
    20130519_142031.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20130511_150241.jpg
    20130511_150241.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 10
Just relocated from PV to Vancouver. Humidity (89%) had got unbearable late last week. Restaurant week is still going strong and we had gotten to four of them.

Direct charter flight was tight, especially with our 2 cats under the seats. Enjoying the cool weather here now. Some road work around the condo mostly completed. Was glad to have missed that. Cats took a day to adjust their routines.

Just got back from visiting my 24 year old son and daughter-in-law in Cary, NC, outside of Raleigh. Wow, is that a booming area! Lots of building of offices (Research Triangle Park) and homes/apartments. Folks moving in from all over the world. Seems like it would be a nice place to retire to...

Getting ready for a big trip next month:

First week starts in Seattle then cruises up the inside passage of Alaska.

Second week is in Denali National Park.

Third week is relaxing in Vancouver and Victoria.

We have a few plans, but any suggestions for anywhere in those regions would be most welcome!

Well, yes, I DO have some travel planned.

Just got back from 12 days on the beach in Florida - leave for beach area near Venice Italy 6/12 - RI at some point to see family - FL again in Sept. and Dec. and a blues cruise in October and January. This is insane and unlike any other year.... but I'm loving it :)

Retirement is great.... GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom