Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Had no idea Versailles was in MO!!! Why am I going all the way to France:confused:?

Oh right and Paris is in Texas!!! :D

Wow! Had no idea Versailles was in MO!!! Why am I going all the way to France:confused:?

I bet you can stay in the best hotel in Versailles Mo for under $75 a night. A lot of Palaces and culture there too. Hope you don't mind a long day as it may take you up to 30 minutes to throughly soak all the culture in though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paris is also in Missouri. It's right next to Florida and Santa Fe ("fee").

Last edited:
Paris is also in Missouri. It's right next to Florida and Santa Fe.

The metropolitan areas of Paris and Santa Fe Mo. do not quite rub together. :) I played basketball in both towns back in the day. Heck I remember digging into the asbestos insulation sprayed walls back in the day. But then again we also played with Mercury in science class with our hands. I should be dead from cancer now come to think of it.
It would be a great vacation though...you definitely could see the sights of Paris, Versailles, Cairo, and Santa Fe all in a days travel. And then rest comfortably in a $60 room to recover from all the fun.

I have never actually spent time in either Paris or Santa Fe, but my mother and her husband have a little cabin in Perry, so I've been right around there.

I have never actually spent time in either Paris or Santa Fe, but my mother and her husband have a little cabin in Perry, so I've been right around there.

Up near the Ol Mark Twain Lake? I have skied there a few times back in the day.

For something a bit more exotic, don't rule out a trip to Brazil (BRAY-zul), Indiana. :LOL:

For something a bit more exotic, don't rule out a trip to Brazil (BRAY-zul), Indiana. :LOL:

There's a Versailles (not pronounced Ver-sigh) in Indiana, and a Paris as well, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend them as vacation destinations...

Brazil is a hassle to get to. You have to get a tourist visa for $160 and it takes weeks to get.

I went to Iguazu Falls.

Probably should have done more research but I didn't have time to get the visa in time for a half day visit of the Brazilian side.

I may go to Rio some day I think you may have to send your passport into a consulate for awhile.

I may go to Rio some day I think you may have to send your passport into a consulate for awhile.

Yes, you do. DH and I went in 2000 so it's ancient history now but we used a professional service; it was getting close to the departure date (we'd booked only about a month ahead in response to an insanely good introductory rate of 17,500 OnePass miles per person RT) and I knew consulates can be picky about dotting every I and crossing every t.

At a previous employer we had an on-line "tool" you were forced to use for booking tickets and it asked if you needed a visa. Even if you were flying from Kansas to Chicago, filling in that field was mandatory. I sometimes typed in "Whhoziwhatsitstan" to amuse myself. One would have thought it was the job of the agency to give you that information, but... I found that one of our executives had presented himself at the gate in North America for his flight to Brazil and he didn't have a visa. Oops. They wouldn't let him on the plane, of course.

You can visit Iraan in Texas, but being southern they felt an extra vowel* was needed. ;)

*Iraan is a city in Pecos County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,238 at the 2000 census. It was named for Ira and Ann Yates, owners of the ranchland upon which the town was built.

Versailles= Ver Sales
Cairo- Kay row
And we steal names of states and can't pronounce them right either... Nevada= Na Veyda
Of course depending on which part of the state you live in the name of the state is pronounced different.. Missouree... Missourah...

Don't forget Haiti ("Hay-Thai")!

Last week we finally booked our trip to Portugal for mid-April. We are going for 9 days, 6 of which will be biking through the Alentejo region. I can't wait! Would love to stay longer, but can't with my DH's j*b situation...

Back from Spain. Great trip - prices are good, and the dollar is in great shape. We spent about 3 weeks - Sevilla, Ronda, Granada, Barcelona and Madrid. We fell in love with Barcelona and are thinking about moving there for a year when we downsize and use it as a base for Europe travel. Have not checked into whether or not this is even doable, we have plenty of time to think about this.

Weather was perfect, people friendly, food is sooooo good. :)

Going to a niece's wedding in St. Louis on May 1. Stopping to see an old friend along the way I haven't seen in 20 years.

Off to Laughlin this AM to supplement the pensions. 6s and 8s baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom