Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airstreamers are fun folks, there are a few on here and I've enjoyed the air forum as well. Don't get to use our old Argosy nearly enough. Looks like you are really getting a lot of places with yours!

The great thing is we don't have to stick to any schedule. We have the freedom to go where the rad takes us or the spirit moves us.

Then you should look into visiting any of the NPs in southern Utah... and/or the Four Corners area. It would be a shame for you to travel that far and not include my favorite area.

Having said that, your plans are fantastic. The Balloon Festival is pretty impressive by any standards (a lot of good NPs in that area also) and the southern border route is a good choice.

Last edited:
In june we are going on a cruise to Alaska and then drive to Denali.

In June we are doing the train Fairbanks to Denali, than the train to Anchorage. Fly Juneau, cruise inner reaches eastern coves to Ketchikan.

April or May off to Napa Valley 4 nights, haven't been for 10 years, because I wasn't drinking:dance:

Flying to Melbourne, Australia tomorrow to do the Great Ocean Drive and play some golf. Looking forward to the holiday.

Had a fantastic holiday - good views, good golf, very nice locals, great food/wine and weather is wonderful - 4 seasons in a day! Also made some very good choices of accomodation! Here's some photos.:dance:

Attachments

• 69510_10200752580362571_383409686_n.jpg
    69510_10200752580362571_383409686_n.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 485331_10200752582482624_1145834593_n.jpg
    485331_10200752582482624_1145834593_n.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 4
  • GOD 005.jpg
    GOD 005.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 4
We are headed out Friday from N. California to AZ to see some spring training baseball. Giants @ Cubs, Giants hosting ChiSox and Giants @ Dodgers.

We are headed out Friday from N. California to AZ to see some spring training baseball. Giants @ Cubs, Giants hosting ChiSox and Giants @ Dodgers.

Scottsdale weather

Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. North wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable.
Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 69.
Saturday Night A slight chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.
Sunday A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. Breezy.
Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
Monday Sunny, with a high near 67.
Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 67.

I think I might have mentioned we are taking a trip to the Tampa, FL area in June for a vacation...will go to Busch Gardens so the kids can ride rollercoasters. Also, in July we will be driving from Ohio to St. Louis so my then HS Junior daughter can do a college visit at Washington University. Looking forward to that.

I'm splurging big time and renting a fire lookout from the US Government for 3 nights in July. It's near Sandpoint, ID

Lunch Peak Lookout

Jealous, aren't you?

Looks like a beautiful area Helen, but please read the tips on avoiding bears before you go! :)

The bears in Idaho will prepare me for my Canadian Rockies backpacking trips. Or, perhaps they will prepare me for dinner... :eek:

I'm planning a July trip to Big Bend National Park. Yep, I've been there in July before - nice and hot, not too bad up in the Chisos Basin. It's like a whole other country.

Last edited:
Have just spent 2 months in Mesa, hiking, golfing, car shows, reading and meeting other retirees.

On Tuesday we will be leaving for Sheridan WY. where our son will meet us with our snowmobiles.
Will snowmobile in the Big Horns for a week and then head to Dubois WY. and snowmobile in the Tetons till the weather turns warm.

After a stop in Denver to see our daughters, will head home around April 8th.

After almost two years of ER we are still like two kids in a candy store.

I just booked apartments in Rome, Florence, and Cinque Terre for a 3 week trip in September! It will be my DD's first trip to Italy and I am so excited to see it through her eyes.

Booked an Alaskan vacation for June. Cruise for a week, then a week in Denali, then a week in Vancouver/Victoria.

We've been to Alaska before, so we're especially looking forward to this trip to fill in the parts we haven't seen. Also, Vancouver has long been on my bucket list.

We're going to Disney World (FL) in April. It's a surprise trip for my 3 girls on a long weekend, the Monday is off from school.

free roundtrip airfare from BWI courtesy of SW credit card signup bonuses
hotel on the grounds is free for 5 nights courtesy of SPG credit card signup bonuses
park tickets are heavily discounted at $150 for 4 days via their "Military Salute" deal

should be fun, and since it's after spring break is over, it shouldn't be too crowded.

Last year we rented a house in Dubois, this year we will only be staying a couple of weeks if things work out.
We would like to go over to Grand Mesa CO. for a week as we have never ridden there and heard good things about that area.

We usually only ride every other day, as old people it takes a little time to rest up!

I'm planning a July trip to Big Bend National Park. Yep, I've been there in July before - nice and hot, not too bad up in the Chisos Basin. It's like a whole other country.

We had a few days there last October, stayed in the lodge in the Chisos Basin. Hope you have as good a time as we did.

Tossing around the idea of a week-10 days in Vilnius, Lithuania, late May-early June.....never been there before...anyone visited/familiar?

One great advantage of retirement....Having the opportunity to take advantage of great airfare deals. Just scored a round trip air deal from St. Louis to USVI first of November for $214 round trip including the taxes. They are practically giving this one away. St. John here we come again!

NYC 2 Vegas today, back 2 NYC in 48 hrs.

Not play time, but w%rk. Oh we'll it could be worse.

Travel is in my plan in ER. This news story about the hot air balloon that caught fire and crashed, killing 19 foreign tourists, filled me with sorrow and anger.

Egypt Balloon Explosion: Britons Killed - Yahoo! News UK

I am struck by the irony of fate and the possibility of death and danger lurking around the corner in an undertaking of joy and beauty. At the same time, I am outraged by the utter irresponsibility of people: like the captain of the sunk cruise ship off the coast of Italy who abandoned the ship and the passengers, the pilot of the hot air balloon, jumped from the balloon 10 to 15 m off the ground when he noticed the fire in the gas canister, and abandoned the other passengers whose lives and safety was left in his charge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom