Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just booked a cruise to New England and Canada in the Fall. We will go to TX to see relatives and then off to New Orleans for fun in June. We went to Thailand once and it was beautiful but I would never go again. Too hot even in Winter, the air and water were extremely polluted. The river just stunk horribly. But my brother loves Thailand and has been there a bunch of times so I think it just depends on what you like.
That cruise to New England & Canada was one of my favorite cruises .Great seafood chowders !

My clever and resourceful SIL has found us a couple of apartment-sitting "jobs" in Amsterdam this summer. So we are looking forward to a good long stay and spending plenty of time visiting family (knock on wood!). Might even be brave enough to ride bikes everywhere. Heck - with the lodging costs we are saving, we can buy decent bikes!

OK - working on my Dutch now!!!

Heading to the Netherlands in three weeks , can't wait for the Kings Day .

DW has already planned a day at the Black market ..blaaaaa to much shopping. We will spend most of our time in the Netherlands and Brussels . Kings Day is the biggest celebration in central Europe so much to see and so much to do .
DB who lives in Amsterdam shares the birthday with the King! Kind of interferes with scheduling a celebration, as other folks usually have big plans. I console him that at least his kids always get his birthday off!!

Moemg: glad to hear that it is a great cruise. One thing I love about Boston is all the great french onion soup. It is hard to find in our area and if you do you never know if it will taste good.

DW put her foot down. Move to a different rental or buy before any more trips.

So we bought. Now I can get on with looking at Philippines and Thailand for next winter and perhaps a last minute this fall.

yeah i took a trip this morning to the tax preparer, i owed 12000 to the feds and 7000 to the state, it was a 2.1 mile trip, very expensive, my travel is done for this month

Everything is set for our "trip of a lifetime" next month to the Galapagos.

I've been reading a lot about the fantastic wildlife variety there and I just can't wait to actually see it.

I've been reading a lot about the fantastic wildlife variety there and I just can't wait to actually see it.

I hope you give a good trip report. My DW wants to go there bad.

Take, (and post), LOTS of pics!

We were there on the La Pinta in May 2016, a wonderful time of the year to visit weatherwise. It really is remarkable how tame the wildlife is, just like a zoological park with no bars.

Just back from a western Caribbean cruise. Next up: Yosemite and central CA.

Well, I got a nice surprise this morning. I know DW has been planning a trip for us and this morning she laid the details on me. It is kind of a delayed honeymoon/first anniversary present (we've been together 19 years but only married 1.5 .. We like to proceed at things cautiously..:cool:)

She has arranged it around ticking off a bucket list item for me. So, we fly into Paris and spend 4 days there. Then we take the Eurostar first class over to London. Then we rent a car and head to a rented cottage in Wales for a week and finally back to London for 4 days.

The Eurostar is the bucket list item. I am a bit of a train geek and have ridden some cool trains around the world (I especially like high speed units) and despite having actually lived in the UK before, I never got around to the Eurostar. Plus, I am sure I will enjoy seeing the Gare du Nord and the renovated St. Pancras

While we are in Wales we will visit my family and my fathers grave. I'll get to show her some of the places I stayed in when I was a kid and spent my summers there.

I really appreciate her planning this (not at all her forte) and am going to help with some stuff she is unsure of (car rental, phone sim, etc) With her disease and limited mobility I am worried that this might be a very difficult trip for her but she has reasoned she isn't getting any younger and this might be our last chance to do this sort of thing together.

I am hopeful that isn't true.

Good luck Koogie....hope it all turns out wonderfully, and that you have many more trips together!

All the best.

has arranged it around ticking off a bucket list item for me. So, we fly into Paris and spend 4 days there. Then we take the Eurostar first class over to London. Then we rent a car and head to a rented cottage in Wales for a week and finally back to London for 4 days.

Have a great trip !

Have a great trip Koogie!
Your post reminds me that my husband also a train geek, but he particularly likes trains with steam engines. I saw on TV recently, the U.K. does offering these rides now. I need to incorporate in our next trip to U.K.

Last edited:
Many thanks to all for your good wishes. I'd promise to post pictures but it is kind of our honeymoon, so... :LOL:

Fedup: might I suggest a little gem of a steam train in Wales. The Ffestiniog railway travels through some of the best scenery in the north and is one of the oldest continuously operating railways in the world.

Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways | Attractions in North Wales

Many thanks to all for your good wishes. I'd promise to post pictures but it is kind of our honeymoon, so... :LOL:

Fedup: might I suggest a little gem of a steam train in Wales. The Ffestiniog railway travels through some of the best scenery in the north and is one of the oldest continuously operating railways in the world.

Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways | Attractions in North Wales
+1 on this. I did this train ride last June in Wales, scenery was magnificent.

We're sitting in Rome after getting off a 2 week Holland America repositioning cruise from Ft. Lauderdale.

Never seen any more well traveled people than on H/A. Although we're 66 & 68 years old, the vast majority on the cruise were 1-2 generations holder than us. Many spend 1/2 their retired lives cruising the seas all over the world.

With her disease and limited mobility I am worried that this might be a very difficult trip for her but she has reasoned she isn't getting any younger and this might be our last chance to do this sort of thing together.

I am hopeful that isn't true.
Wow what a gal! I sincerely hope it goes well for you both.:dance:

We're sitting in Rome after getting off a 2 week Holland America repositioning cruise from Ft. Lauderdale.

Never seen any more well traveled people than on H/A. Although we're 66 & 68 years old, the vast majority on the cruise were 1-2 generations holder than us. Many spend 1/2 their retired lives cruising the seas all over the world.
My neighbor's parents are in the 70s and they told us they downsizing so they can do more cruises. They're already been crushing all over the world.

Well, I got a nice surprise this morning. I know DW has been planning a trip for us and this morning she laid the details on me. It is kind of a delayed honeymoon/first anniversary present (we've been together 19 years but only married 1.5 .. We like to proceed at things cautiously..:cool:)

She has arranged it around ticking off a bucket list item for me. So, we fly into Paris and spend 4 days there. Then we take the Eurostar first class over to London. Then we rent a car and head to a rented cottage in Wales for a week and finally back to London for 4 days.
I really appreciate her planning this (not at all her forte) and am going to help with some stuff she is unsure of (car rental, phone sim, etc...

What a wonderful trip! And what a bonus gift, to have her do all the heavy lifting of the planning.

How sweet is this!

I love reading about these wonderful trips. The only thing we have on the horizon is St. Louis for a Red Sox-Cardinals game in May....and we are plenty excited about it, lol.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom