Arrive Grand Canyon by Amtrak

bizlady

Full time employment: Posting here.
Maybe someone can help me... we are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon via Amtrak next year. The train will arrive at the Grand Canyon Railway station downhill from Bright Lodge. Since the train comes in around 10:30 in the evening, is that a safe area, and will we be able to get to our Lodge (Maswick) somehow? We are unable to find any info on this....

Thanks in advance

I assume you mean Bright Angel Lodge. It is pretty close to Mawsick Lodge. I stayed at both and I would say very safe. Maybe have to watch for wild lives.

I had to Google Map that since I haven't been to the Grand Canyon since 1966. I didn't realize they had an Amtrak station right in the park. Looks like a short walk but if you have too much stuff have you called the lodge to ask them about pickup options?

It's about a 1/2 mile walk from the railway station to Maswik Lodge, not too bad as long as you're not carrying a lot. There is a shuttle bus that goes along that route but pretty sure it stops running before 10:30pm. I wouldn't worry about safety but would suggest getting a good map of the village area. I'll be staying at Maswik lodge next month but driving in.

Last edited:
I am totally confused by your statement. There is NO Amtrak station at Grand Canyon. Amtrak stops at Williams Junction, connecting with the Grand Canyon Railroad.
The train stops near the El Tovar Lodge on the south rim.

OP - are you taking Amtrak to Williams Junction, and then switching trains to the Grand Canyon Railroad ?

While they have a tourist train to go the 65 miles for $138 or more which includes a show, that runs in the daytime, so are you taking a regular non-tourist train (for hopefully less than $138) ?

I'm curious, as this seems an interesting way to go there if it's possible.

If this is a package through the Grand Canyon Railway it looks like they transfer your luggage for you. This is per thetrain.com and tripadvisor.com.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom