Ask The Pilot

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
I did a very rudimentary search for this topic but didn't find any, so...

There was a locally-produced NPR interview radio program that I liked a lot. I learned they streamed live, but it was aired during the working day and I was working! I learned they also made the show available as podcasts, so I subscribed. They piled up, but now I have a chance to catch up on them.

One show interviewed an author/pilot who has a website: AskThePilot.com » THE ULTIMATE RESOURCE SITE FOR EVERYONE WHO FLIES

The show was from around 2011, but I just checked and that link appears live. I thought that interview was interesting and the pilot sounded like a very reasonable guy (of course, he was promoting his book). My perspective/knowledge is only as a typical civilian passenger, but there are real pilots around here who might be interested in addition to all of us who fly the (fill in your choice) skies.

Thanks. I used to enjoy Patrick Smith's column regularly on Salon. He doesn't aear to have written much of late.

I will check it out. I usually cringe when I see an "aviation expert" on the news for anything aviation related. About 80% of the time, they are talking out of their...um, other end. I figure that if they dork up the stuff that *I* know about, they are probably dorking up everything else.

I will check it out. I usually cringe when I see an "aviation expert" on the news for anything aviation related. About 80% of the time, they are talking out of their...um, other end. I figure that if they dork up the stuff that *I* know about, they are probably dorking up everything else.

I have to agree. A lot of so called experts seem anything but!

Back
Top Bottom