Join Early Retirement Today

Award booking service?
Old 10-22-2022, 09:08 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Award booking service?

I am sitting on a tidy stockpile of miles in AA, UA and BA, as well as UR points. My "plan" for the points (a term I use advisedly) is to use for Biz Class flights of duration 6 hours or more.

In 2017 I used an award service: $100 fee yielded a fabulous biz class routing on Korean to Chiang Mai that I would never have found on my own. Money well spent. Alas, that service is no longer in business.

1) Does anyone have an award booking service to recommend? for 2023 I have some "simple" trans-Pacific and trans-Atlantic journeys penciled in; someone who is clever with awards and can find hidden gems with stopovers would be wonderful!

2) Has anyone tried the new point.me self-serve service? (One of the founders is Tiffany Funk, who has been a player in the miles and points space for years; in 2016 I heard her give an amazing talk about finding and booking great redemptions.) The subscription service is $129/year, though currently you can get a trial month for $1

Thanks.
BarbWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I haven't used them personally, but you might join a Facebook group called "Travel Miles 101" and search recent posts. The question comes up there every so often and there are a couple of people who do that sort of thing who seem well recommended.
"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 12:48 PM   #3

You can also look at the SPAM forum on FlyerTalk.
(Sites with Points and Alternative Miles)
Old 10-22-2022, 04:03 PM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Also check out Prince of Travel: https://princeoftravel.com/consulting/

I have NOT used them for consulting services but utilized information on the site to help research booking a 13 leg Aeroplan award in business class in 2019. The site is more focused on Canadian points earning but they're knowledgeable on redemptions on many rewards programs, particularly their sweet spots to get the best bang for your points.
Old 10-23-2022, 06:06 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
You can also look at the SPAM forum on FlyerTalk.
(Sites with Points and Alternative Miles)

Ah, yes. Much like Bogleheads, FlyerTalk makes my head spin! But thank you!
Old 10-23-2022, 06:07 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVRRocketSurgery View Post
Also check out Prince of Travel: https://princeoftravel.com/consulting/

I have NOT used them for consulting services but utilized information on the site to help research booking a 13 leg Aeroplan award in business class in 2019. The site is more focused on Canadian points earning but they're knowledgeable on redemptions on many rewards programs, particularly their sweet spots to get the best bang for your points.

Yes, I heard Randy Zhang give a talk last month and he is really good. Thanks for pointing to their website!