Cedar key ,florida

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
We are going to Cedar Key , Florida for a quick get away . Has anybody been there ? Any recommendations for things to do or restaurants ?

Been there a couple of times. It's like Archie Bunker meets Cape Cod. Low brow, funky,

We kind of liked it, maybe for a day or two. For a treat, side-trip up to the brackish Suanee (or Swanee, if you will) and walk the boardwalk.

We went there a few years back (around 1999). Stopped on our way to somewhere else in FL.

It was an old fishing village... if memory serves me.

There was not much there. We were a bit disappointed with it. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for.

If you just picked it out of the blue and are not tied to it... I would consider selecting another location. I definitely would not spend more than 1 day there... Unless you intend to fish.

It is one of those places that intends to transform into a tourist destination... but has not made it yet.

We are only going for a week end. So I know it's pretty funky but I figure a week end drive and maybe also stop at Tarpon Springs.

We used to stop there when I had a private plane. It's on the shortest route from Texas to south Florida that does not overfly a lot of water. Funky little town, one stop light, some good fish restaurants. We would arrive in the evening then leave the next morning. Not on the way to or from anywhere, driving, and not a destination itself.

If you like fishing bring your fishing rod,lots of boat docks and a pier or two.

We just returned from Cedar Key and it was fun for a week end trip . Lots of good seafood and some real hippy type locals .We stayed at the Park Place condo which was a quick walk to everything and listened to the music at the raw bar while eating smoked mullet dip . All in all fun for a week end after that it would get a little boring .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom