Cheap Air fare to Phoenix Needed.........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I want to go the week after Easter, the 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 kids.

I have been watching Airfarewatchdog.com and Orbitz. So far, it doesn't seem very cheap, around $300 a person round trip. Any ideas??

Thanx

I like farecompare.com

I use sidestep and kayak.

Where are you coming here from? Southwest has been running some $89 one ways from all over also check Frontier or US Airways which has the merged America West routes.

The problem is that you are running into both spring break and spring training by trying to travel in late March. Flights are really tight to Phoenix that time of year. Try to travel on off-peak days. Southwest usually has their best fares on Tues, Wed. and Sat. and I'm sure other airlines are similar.

I used to fly Austin - Phoenix all the time, on Southwest or American West. Those two used to try to undercut each other and typically I'd pay around $75 round trip. I'd try going directly to the airline's web site. I've had better luck there than through the travel sites like Orbitz. Same for hotels.

$300 may sound expensive but it all depends on where you are coming from. Tuscon to Phoenix i would consider expensive,Australia to Phoenix and i'd say $300 is a deal.

Coming from Wisconsin

Check some of these sites cheap airfare - Google Search I checked the first site from Milwaukee to Phoenix and was getting numbers in the $800 range for adult return on a non stop flight.So $300 sounds good by comparison.

also check flying in to las vegas - a rental car is way cheaper there (no marble airport and indoor TSA bicycle track to pay for) and you can see the grand canyon or sedona on your way down :)

Back
Top Bottom