Considering PEI visit

Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We have a 2 week trip planned for Maine, Nova Scotia and possible PEI in mid July. We have never been to PEI and don't know what the attraction is to make it worth the two days spent there instead of more time in Maine or NS. We like the outdoors/nature and not so much museum or entertainment venues with the exception of "living museum/villages".

Does anyone who has visited PEI have any recommendations or special places that may interest us?

Thanks!

Have close family on PEI since they moved from NY in the 1970's.

For a broad overview, search macqueens pei ... if you decide, call Kelley

Also search homeport pei ... for info on Wood Island... contact is Darryl.

tell them bob sent you. :)

We have never been to PEI and don't know what the attraction is

Enormous lobsters at a very good price.

Also the chance to drive across a very remarkable 8 mile long bridge.

When my ancestors came from Ireland they couldn't afford to go all the way to the US, so they only made it as far as Nova Scotia and PEI. They stopped off there for about three generations before continuing their trip, so I have a bit of a connection.

Made me look it up: PEI = Prince Edward Island

It's a province... we have 9 more and 3 territories as well.... not a lot to keep track of..:D

PEI is very pretty in a rural picture book sort of way. Charlottetown is the only place of any real size but if you aren't into Canadian history it is probably of limited appeal. The Confederation Bridge is a great drive (just not in high wind). There is the industry built up around Anne of Green Gables of course. The east and north coasts of the island are very rural with some great beaches. Of course with the red soil comes famous PEI potatoes. And we've had some of the best seafood of our lives there.

For the record, PEI is also famous for mussels. Not a huge fan, but anything is good with enough garlic and butter. Agree there's not a whole lot to do there, but it's beautiful country and well worth a visit. Haven't been over the bridge, only under it. But it's a pretty amazing structure.

PEI seems to be a 'Love it or Blah' kinda place....my late wife and I were there in 1997, not long after the Confederation Bridge opened; a couple of her brothers had previously raved about the place....our response when we got there was "This is it?"

BTDT - won't go back.

Back
Top Bottom