Copenhagen Hotel Recommendation

treypar

Recycles dryer sheets
I am interested in a hotel recommendation in Copenhagen for August. I am concerned about the current heat wave so I may need air conditioning. I would prefer a 4 or 5 star hotel. Let me know your recommendations.

Last edited:
We have stayed at the Marriott twice and have been very happy with our stay.

We last stayed at Hotel Absalon which is one block from the main train station (2 blocks from the Tivoli Garden.)

All rooms have been recently refurbished in a contemporary style, and they are very nice. But it is the breakfast included that separates this property. We are not big breakfast eaters, but their's is truly spectacular.

It is also nice that you can purchase a ticket out of a vending machine and be on the train to the airport in 10 minutes.

FWIW, I would not go for a US branded hotel anywhere in Europe if I had a choice. Generally the European chains or local hotels are much more charming and pleasant (although in the late '90s that wasn't always true in the outskirts of London). It shouldn't be difficult to find out which hotels have A/C.

In that part of the world I like the Scandic chain of hotels. Haven’t had a bad one yet.

We got a great rate for a nice room at the Crowne Plaza near the airport. You need to take the metro to get downtown, but it's a very short walk and ride.

I tend to stay at 2-3 star hotels. Scandic can be good in that area. I usually look at Trip Advisor, the different travel books (Rick Steves, et al) and then check the websites, reviews and sometimes email them to ask.

Have fun in Copenhagen - Denmark is a nice country.

Back
Top Bottom