Join Early Retirement Today

Talking Costa Rica
Old 08-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Talking Costa Rica

I just made a reservation for 4 weeks in Costa Rica! DW and I are looking forward to spending 4 weeks in a simple cabin near the jungle and the beach and a short walk to town. The cabin is just south of Cahuita on the Caribbean coast!

Now we have 5 months to learn spanish, get into somewhat better shape (DW broke her foot over Memorial Weekend, so we have been sidelined for the summer) and figure out what to take (cargo shorts, t shirts and flip flops doesn't seem to cut it with DW!!).
Taxman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
Gone but not forgotten

Just add a few bathing suits and you are good to go !
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:48 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman59 View Post
I just made a reservation for 4 weeks in Costa Rica! DW and I are looking forward to spending 4 weeks in a simple cabin near the jungle and the beach and a short walk to town. The cabin is just south of Cahuita on the Caribbean coast!

Now we have 5 months to learn spanish, get into somewhat better shape (DW broke her foot over Memorial Weekend, so we have been sidelined for the summer) and figure out what to take (cargo shorts, t shirts and flip flops doesn't seem to cut it with DW!!).
HI,

We live for CR in about a week. We will be renting a car for the first week. Did you rent a car or look into it? If so, do you know the laws about getting insurance and the best approach to that? Thanks
savory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:45 PM   #4

Enjoy. If you get inland, you should try to schedule a visit at the massive rescue dog habitat down there if your a dog person. I haven't been, but it is on my bucket list.
exnavynuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:10 PM   #5

Any clothing that dries quickly. Cotton is not best for the humid climate.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:19 PM   #6

Had to cancel the trip ��. Between my knee replacement and my DS knee surgery, both in Dec, there was no way we could travel. We hope to do it another time.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:26 PM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Had to cancel the trip ��. Between my knee replacement and my DS knee surgery, both in Dec, there was no way we could travel. We hope to do it another time.
Bummer.

Hope the knee ops go well. (I have a vested interest because both of mine will require replacements sooner or later......or so the surgeons tell me.)

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Sorry, hope you make a quick recovery!
savory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #9

Surgeries went well for both of us. I have just been cleared post op (5 weeks out). DS is still in the thick of rehab and has a ways to go. Thanks for the good wishes.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #10

Renting a car in CR is easy - no major troubles. Use a credit card that covers your insurance. One thing they always say is that if you get pulled over, you shouldn't pay the cops not to give you a ticket, but they often pull over tourists (especially near the beaches) for precisely that reason. We got pulled over near Tamarindo and gave the guy $40 to let us go.....YMMV.