Delta- how to preselect meal for party

bizlady

Full time employment: Posting here.
We are traveling with friends that do not have frequent flyer, all of us are going first class. DH and I received and option to preselect the meal, how do we enter that for our companions in the group?

I suspect they will have to call themselves to make the arrangements.

But I've always found Delta's phone support to be very good, so I wouldn't worry about it.

have your friends open a FF account it's easy and problem solved.

Last edited:
I would imagine that if you are flying first class internationally there is a separate queue which is not nearly as bad as the main cabin line. At least that is how it used to be.

I'd hurry though. My experience is that it's time sensitive and if you wait too long you'll have to take the 2 regular meal options like everybody else.

Is a FF number needed??

We're flying biz class on a number of segments during our upcoming trip with a handful of different airlines and were able to select our meals for a few of them by accessing our itinerary/reservation via the Manage our Trip/My Booking equivalent on the airline website and logging in with the 6 character alphanumeric confirmation number and (last) name the booking was made under. I'm guessing one could do the same on the Delta website under the My Trips function (??).

What difference does it make to preselect the meal or select once on board? The choices will still be the same, right?

What difference does it make to preselect the meal or select once on board? The choices will still be the same, right?

At least for me, the meals were different from the two offered onboard. Regardless they sometimes run out of your preferred choice before they get to your seat; one of the reasons I always sit in "2B"

Last edited:
Is a FF number needed??

We're flying biz class on a number of segments during our upcoming trip with a handful of different airlines and were able to select our meals for a few of them by accessing our itinerary/reservation via the Manage our Trip/My Booking equivalent on the airline website and logging in with the 6 character alphanumeric confirmation number and (last) name the booking was made under. I'm guessing one could do the same on the Delta website under the My Trips function (??).

I'm still puzzled over apparently not wanting an FF account. It will store your preferences, your emergency contacts, your passport number and on and on. Unless it's a gifted miles ticket they will get a bunch of FF miles. Unless they plan to never set foot on an airplane again, I don't understand this.

At least for me, the meals were different from the two offered onboard. Regardless they sometimes run out of your preferred choice before they get to your seat; one of the reasons I always sit in "2B"
They run out of choice in 1st class?! Then I'd hardly call it 1st class then.

But they make up for it in other ways!

Yeah, the airsickness bags are made of handcrafted rich Corinthian leather from free-range grass-fed Wagyu cattle instead of those paper things in the back section. :cool:

OP here: Ended up calling and getting it done. We booked both couples under my name, so I was surprised we could not make the selections for the whole party. Apparently that is a "perk" for when you register. Couple we are traveling with are older and no way were going to sign up for an account.

Back
Top Bottom