Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-08-2021, 08:42 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Private beaches are a good reason for the slogan;

"Eat the Rich"

I'm sorry, but it's just wrong to buy up all the coastline and keep everyone out.
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2021, 09:02 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy63 View Post
There are no private beaches in California. The state constitution makes them all public, so you won't find a rental with your own private beach. (There are a few places where for historic reasons people do own property down to the mean high tide line or where public access to the beach is blocked for other reasons, but those areas usually also prohibit short-term rentals.)

Pismo Beach or Avila Beach would be nice places to spend some time. I also really like Morro Bay, but you'd want to be in the north part of town to be near the ocean rather than the small bay. Once you go north of there, the coast is mostly cliffs with some pocket beaches, many of which only exist at low tide, until you get north of Big Sur. It's a beautiful area with plenty of fabulous view hikes, but it's not beachy.

Cayucos has a great walking beach.
bltkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:57 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

You could consider Waldport Oregon, or Newport, or Lincoln City areas. Tons of private homes available as rentals, Some years ago we rented a house right on the beach just north of Waldport multiple times and enjoyed it immensely. We would walk to where the river flowed into the ocean and visit the colonies (at a safe distance) of sea lions lounging on the beach on the inside of the spit by Waldport bay. I know your fear of cold weather, but many times late October on Oregon coats is glorious with sunny days and blue skies.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:47 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
But thats how you get a private beach.
I guess I need to clarify. I am not looking for a private beach. I am looking for a beach that is so isolated that it feels private.
Poopycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 04:48 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
Cayucos has a great walking beach.
Thanks. I never made it to Cayucos in my trips to the central coast.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:49 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseux View Post
Although it is insanely expensive, Carmel is pretty perfect. Walkable, good beach, good food, and bring a dog. October weather tends to be pretty good. Otherwise, I agree about the Central coast areas mentioned.

Up north, Sea Ranch might be an idea, or Jenner
Carmel is great. Perfection for me is Pacific Grove