Dual nationals and Schengen travel

jim584672

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Does travel go by passport or person? Traveler A has a US passport and does 90 days in the Schengen zone. Usually you must leave for 90 days to come back with the 90/180 rule. Could Traveler A leave for a day and re-enter on their second Canadian passport and stay for 90 days? Wash and repeat?

Seems like they wouldn't allow this, but I have been searching and have not found a solid answer to the question.

I don’t know the answer but I am
thinking unless they are tracking by name and some other identifiable method how will they know it’s the same person. If you’re caught they will not be kind and may bar you from the country because clearly you’ll be violating their immigration policy.

It is sort of like cheating on taxes - the chance of getting caught is actually slim but the penalty is severe enough (in this case a lengthy ban) that compliance is much the better option.

Trying to understand. I am a dual (quad actually), US, UK, CAN & Maltese citizens. But I only have 2 passports. UK and US. I have citizenship cards for the other 2. Malta is in the Schengen, If I go to say France, but have no Maltese passport, (but I have proof of citizenship) and use my UK (or US) passport, I should not be limited to any stay restrictions.

Trying to understand. I am a dual (quad actually), US, UK, CAN & Maltese citizens. But I only have 2 passports. UK and US. I have citizenship cards for the other 2. Malta is in the Schengen, If I go to say France, but have no Maltese passport, (but I have proof of citizenship) and use my UK (or US) passport, I should not be limited to any stay restrictions.
True that you have no EU restrictions, but the system will think you are a foreigner and will flag out when you stay over 90 days. Then you will have to explain in the back room for 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom