Electronic bag tags

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
A new way to skip the line: Electronic bag tags are now available on Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines passengers who want to check a bag won't have to wait for a ticket agent much longer. The airline announced Wednesday that it was rolling out electronic bag tags – first to some elite frequent flyers, and then for purchase by the general public in the coming year.
According to the airline, the 3x5 inch devices are programmed through Alaska's mobile app and updated with the passenger's flight information during check-in.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2022/12/01/alaska-airlines-electronic-bag-tags/10809138002/

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 4.32.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 4.32.18 PM.png
    508.2 KB · Views: 31
Very nice. But we switched to European size carry on 11 years ago when we retired and started to travel frequently and for extended periods. And after many years of frequent business travel.

After each trip we look at each other and are thankful that we switched.

Well that sounds interesting, but I think I’ll let them get the bugs out first. We have premium check in and priority luggage handling so we spent very little time in line.

Well that sounds interesting, but I think I’ll let them get the bugs out first. We have premium check in and priority luggage handling so we spent very little time in line.

Besides traveling bus class, are there any other ways to get these benefits for your check-in/luggage?

Besides traveling bus class, are there any other ways to get these benefits for your check-in/luggage?
Various ways to subscribe to these benefits. I get them through my United Club VISA card. Also free check of two bags each for me and companion and various other perks including primary auto rental insurance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom