ER travel dry run

fh2000

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW (53) and I (59) are still on OMY. We did a 3 day travel from SoCal to Bay area,over the long weekend. This is the first time just the 2 of us, since our kids left home for college.

It was great. Relaxing. No time pressure. We stayed in budget hotels with continental breakfast. We packed our own lunch. Only ate in restaurants one meal a day. Gas is cheaper. Total cost, less than $400.

We can do this ER thing, if only we can get over the urge of continuing on OMY.

Pictures below are from DW's Ipad on Monterrey 17 mile drive:

Attachments

• IPad Monterey Bay trip 231.jpg
    IPad Monterey Bay trip 231.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IPad Monterey Bay trip 204.jpg
    IPad Monterey Bay trip 204.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 30
Nice!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Love that area!
Lived in Monterey for six months once and thought I was in heaven.

I'm sure you've done it, but if not, don't miss touring the Hearst Castle. Memorable visit.

It sounds like a fun weekend. I love going to Monterey for the sea otters.

My younger son plans to go to college this Fall. We hope to start our retirement travel dry runs this summer.

Another place that I now want to go. So many places, so little time!

For a moment I thought the first picture was from Pt Lobos, which is just south of Carmel -- I was there last week. Pt Lobos & the 17-Mile Drive are some of the loveliest places I've ever encountered. :)

Last edited:
We'll make the same route 2/19 to 2/24--after we visit Las Vegas and Hawaii on the way there.

ER is a really tough way to live. We travel frequently in the same rather frugal manner. That way we can afford to tour more often.

Back
Top Bottom