FL monthly rentals- what website/agency?

Flyfish1

Recycles dryer sheets
Thinking year or so ahead and would like to spend a couple of months in a warmer climate in the winter, personally I am thinking about the west coast of FL. What websites do people recommend when trying to book a monthly rental? I've looked at VRBO and AirBNB but they seem more focused on nightly rentals and the monthly prices seemed crazy.
Do I go old school and call a real estate agent?

Thanks in advance.

Find an area that interests you and Google a local realtor that specializes in vacation rentals. That's what I did and have found much better deals than on VRBO. You may have to call to get a place more than a year ahead since a lot of them give first crack at people renewing each year.

Some VRBO and AirBNB will give a discount to monthly renters...you may have to email or call the owner/agent to check on this. We received a substantial discount a few years ago. Also, future rentals at the same place may be directly with the owner/agent and that can eliminate the VRBO/AirBNB fees.

Some VRBO and AirBNB will give a discount to monthly renters...you may have to email or call the owner/agent to check on this. We received a substantial discount a few years ago. Also, future rentals at the same place may be directly with the owner/agent and that can eliminate the VRBO/AirBNB fees.

Most places on Airbnb or Vrbo will offer a discount for longer stays. But if you're just looking at the daily rate and not using filling out the calendar to show the length of your stay you won't see the discount.

And if you're staying for a long period and are a good tenant it's a good idea to meet the owner if possible. They use Vrbo/Airbnb to get renters they may not get otherwise but most of them would prefer to deal directly with a regular and reliable customer.

Thinking year or so ahead and would like to spend a couple of months in a warmer climate in the winter, personally I am thinking about the west coast of FL. What websites do people recommend when trying to book a monthly rental? I've looked at VRBO and AirBNB but they seem more focused on nightly rentals and the monthly prices seemed crazy.

Do I go old school and call a real estate agent?

Thanks in advance.
Flyfish,
Just an observation from the community I live in in SWFL .
I suspect the rental rate in the past was in the 40% range.
With the prices and demand escalating over the last two years, many of the units that were previously being rented out have been sold to people who are moving in.
The result is a much tighter rental market. Higher prices, and you are often competing with people willing to rent for at least three months.

A recommended:
I see owners and people looking for rentals posting ads on our community bulletin board. Avoiding the fees associated with VRBO and AirBNB. If you know someone renting or living in the area you want to rent, try placing an ad on their community bulletin board.
Maybe just a call to the community office inquiring about available rentals would work also.

Good luck,. JP

Back
Top Bottom