Global Entry - Zoom interview

Peter

Full time employment: Posting here.
After waiting nearly a year, my GE application was conditionally approved last Saturday. To my surprise, I was offered either a Zoom or an in-person interview. Scheduled for yesterday at 5:30 pm, took less than 5 minutes, and I'm now fully approved.

I had to read out my passport and drivers license numbers, and obviously the interviewer could see my face, but that was it for security measures.

Wow- I may try that. It sounds a lot more convenient than the current in-person process.

We recently renewed our Global Entry. At first it was indicating we would need a Zoom but then they waived it. Was very easy! \

We have been conditionally approved for months but scheduling interviews has been tough.

Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps we can zoom now

Similar story- about a year’s wait and then renewal was magically approved without either an in-person or Zoom interview. I was sure I’d be interviewed since I’d travelled to both Russia and Cuba.

Had one annoying glitch. I asked for a replacement GE card (for which I paid $25). I received two in the mail, each in a separate mailing. I tried to find out what to do - send it back, destroy it, etc. and asked the question via their web site. Twice I got long, bureaucratic “responses” via email. Neither addressed the question I’d asked. Tried calling the “for more information” number but it was constantly busy. I finally activated one of the cards (successfully) and put the other in a safe place in case there’s a question down the road. Several hours I’ll never get back.

How do they do the finger prints on zoom?

How do they do the finger prints on zoom?

Are they still doing that? The GE booths at SFO, at least, don't have fingerprint readers any more. It's all facial recognition as far as I can see.

Hmmf. We renewed both of our GE a few months ago. No interview, no Zoom, no waiting, nothing. We just paid the fee and the new cards just showed up in the mail.

I don't know if they are still collecting fingerprints. I did the interview in Nov. 2022 at Miami, on the way back from South America.

I've had to do fingerprints twice in early 2023. But the last two trips did not need fingerprints, just facial recognition.

Some scanners still have fingerprint plates, but they don't seem to be often used.

But I'm in the CLEAR PLUS program and on a recent trip I had to go through their "upgraded ID" routine which required me to not only use fingerprints but also scan my driver's license.

I think it's good to have a number of alternate ID methods, just in case.

What!?? It took me weeks to get an in personappointment for this week. Never saw a zoom option. Guess I'll have to burn the gas.

Back
Top Bottom