Got our first Trusted Housesitters assignment!

We looked at the TH site, and am I right thst you must pay the fee before you see what opportunities are available?

House sitting has saved us a bundle over the years and it’s great to see it opening up as an option again as the pandemic eases.

Here’s a site with good info on the plusses and minuses of the main websites:

http://https://halftheclothes.com/best-house-sitting-websites/

Our experience jibes with this reviewer regarding Trusted House Sitters as well as House Carers and House Sit America.

We looked at the TH site, and am I right thst you must pay the fee before you see what opportunities are available?

I just tried it (without being logged in). It looks like you have to create a free account to see the opportunities.

You can search and see the available opportunities without paying, but you cannot apply for an opportunity without joining and paying. $169 for a one year membership. Cheaper than one night in a hotel is the way I look at it!

We are interested in this to find a house sitter. We have been using MIL to watch our aging dogs, but she has enough issues to deal with without dealing with our old pups. Do you have to pay the membership fee to find sitters or just to be a sitter?

We are interested in this to find a house sitter. We have been using MIL to watch our aging dogs, but she has enough issues to deal with without dealing with our old pups. Do you have to pay the membership fee to find sitters or just to be a sitter?

It depends on the site. Trusted Housesitters charges both the owners and the sitters. They offer a higher level of service - you can see all of the reviews of sitters there. I like that sitters know homeowners will leave a bad review on their profile if they misbehave - so it weeds out those who may not be so good at this. In addition, TH does background checks on the sitters and offers liability insurance.

Other sites, like housecarers.com, are free for homeowners. I've used that site before with great success as both a homeowner and sitter. However, you have to do more detective work as a homeowner in checking references, etc.

So it just depends on how much you want to work to research your sitter's background.

Congrats, and sorry about your dog. House sitting helped us fill the void, so glad you are doing it.

Did you create a video yet? In some locations, like Australia and New Zealand, it can be really competitive, so give it your all! Christmas is the best time for awesome locations so hope you enjoy it.

After a 3 year hiatus, we just renewed our membership and applied for a housesit as well…a week after returning from our 3 month summer trip. Glad to be traveling again!

We are full time RVers in a class A MH. I would love to do this as long as I could park the coach somewhere on the property. That way, my stuff is handy and I can keep an eye on the MH. It would feel good to spread out in a house for a few weeks because 400 sq feet isn’t much space, lol. I love pets and since we lost our sweet elderly kitty 3 years ago I haven’t wanted to get a new pet until we settle in again somewhere.

You have to pay an annual fee either way. Not sure what the fee is for finding sitters, but compared to paying a pet sitter, it’s sure to be far less than that. We used to pay our pet sitter $35/night, and he was a terrific bargain!

Congrats, and sorry about your dog. House sitting helped us fill the void, so glad you are doing it.

Did you create a video yet? In some locations, like Australia and New Zealand, it can be really competitive, so give it your all! Christmas is the best time for awesome locations so hope you enjoy it.

After a 3 year hiatus, we just renewed our membership and applied for a housesit as well…a week after returning from our 3 month summer trip. Glad to be traveling again!

Thank you for the tip! No, we didn’t create a video. We posted lots of photos and got 3 references, but no video. Australia is a target destination for us but maybe not until 2024. We want to go during their summer and I can’t commit to travel In early 2023 due to my recent shoulder surgery.

We are full time RVers in a class A MH. I would love to do this as long as I could park the coach somewhere on the property. That way, my stuff is handy and I can keep an eye on the MH. It would feel good to spread out in a house for a few weeks because 400 sq feet isn’t much space, lol. I love pets and since we lost our sweet elderly kitty 3 years ago I haven’t wanted to get a new pet until we settle in again somewhere.

I have seen a few posts by property owners allowing this. I imagine there are plenty that would allow it if you asked - as long as they were in places that had space for it and no HOA rules regarding RV's.

Back
Top Bottom