Great Pie and Coffee when traveling

Thanks Pacergal. We have been though Lincoln City many times and did not know that. It is also my wife's fav, that and huckleberry.

Best pie I’ve ever had https://www.buttermilkskypie.com/ but only in TX, TN, NC, SC, FL, GA & LA. Flavors below plus monthly seasonal favorites (Lemon Ice Box at present).

Attachments

• BC1D4DCC-7A33-4FCE-913A-1FF96A55773B.jpeg
    BC1D4DCC-7A33-4FCE-913A-1FF96A55773B.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Portage Pie in Westfield, NY - north of Lake Chautauqua, so between Erie & Buffalo. Aside from my own home-cooked pies, best I’ve ever had. Their Concorde grape pie is as good as mine.

In Michigan, the cherry pie at Grand Traverse is very, very good. I haven’t tried their other flavors because their cherry is so good. In general, Michigan has had the best bakeries overall vs any other state we’ve visited (and we’ve been to them all). A mediocre Michigan pastry is better than the best in a lot of other places.

If you are ever in Sarasota, Yoder's has great pies. We had lunch there yesterday with DD and I took a piece of bananna creme pie to go and had it for dessert last night... yum!

Some of my favorites when traveling.

Flying Saucer Pie Company, Houston Texas (loved the strawberry cream pie)
You Need Pie Diner and Bakery, Estes Park, CO
Pie Town, NM
Croshaw's Gourmet Pies, St. George, UT
Gifford House at Capitol Reef NP, Torrey, UT
Sweet Cravings Bakery, Moab, UT

Some states have Pie Trails that can be found on the internet. Utah is one of those states and seems to have a lot of wonderful pies.

I also loved the pies at Gifford Homestead at Capital Reef National Park in Utah. Was on a road trip to tour the Big 5 National Parks in Utah. We ordered 2 personal size pies (5 to 6 inch diameter): Cherry and Apple. Delicious!

Last edited:
Wonderful suggestions

Great suggestions so far. But, I may gain more weight that I usually do when on vacation. :D

The website https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/ does articles on places to discover in a given state. It covers a lot of lesser known sights to see and places to eat. Just glancing at a search on "pie" across all states, I see a number of articles on the best pie in a number of states.

Back
Top Bottom