Great post on Antigua, Guatemala

kevink

Full time employment: Posting here.
Since they've been way too busy having fun traveling to post here lately I thought I'd share this new post by frequent ER board posters the Kaderlis:

Antigua, Guatemala

Antigua, Guatemala is a place I was lucky to spend lots of time in during my past life as a specialty coffee buyer, and this post is the best thing I've seen on the town in years. It's less than an hour's cab ride from the Guatemala city airport and while touristy it is truly a great destination, as well as the gateway to the Mayan highlands (a couple of hours more in a minibus gets you to spectacularly beautiful Lake Atitlán). My favorite country in Central America for travel and culture, and it's hard to beat the weather and cost of living.

Thanks for posting this, Kevink! What a beautiful city! I was thinking of going to Antigua next Feb and this article may have made the decision for me.

I just visited Antigua about a month ago and a near-by coffee plantation (Finca Columbia) as part of our cruise. What a neat place this is! Very friendly folks, good shopping bargains that are very negotiable. Jade items seem to be very popular as it is mined near-by. I hope to visit Guatemala again for a longer stay.

I went there in 2001 via a SkyAuction deal and loved it. It is a charming city which with Tikal, left me with wonderful memories of Guatemala.

This is pretty timely. I'm just now thinking about what to do this winter and am considering the possibly of spending several months in Central or South America, maybe both. Beyond that, I don't really have any idea. So every little bit of info helps. :)

I love Antigua. I will be back there in June and will go to San Marcos to see patients.
Hi Obgyn65 -Do you work with Sarah Proechel in San Marcos? I was considering making time to meet up with her and find out more about the Maya midwifery methods.

sarahproechel.blogspot.com

Best,
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Back
Top Bottom