Hawaii in Jan/Feb

We are going for New Year's and the first two weeks of January - Big Island and Kauai.

Fortunately we had some points for part of our lodging, so that helped, and I also found reasonable lodging just outside of HVNP. But, our lodging in Kona is pricey and crazy expensive in Poipu.

It all balances out though because we are taking advantage of a companion pass with Southwest. Had to use it before it expires at the end of February - Hawaii really got us some maximum benefit on the 2 for 1 flying deal!

We also used it to go to Yellowstone in September so we definitely have taken advantage of the companion pass!! I will be ready to stay home for a while after this, though. Traveling is so fun, but exhausting! Big problem to have, lol.

We are going for New Year's and the first two weeks of January - Big Island and Kauai.

Fortunately we had some points for part of our lodging, so that helped, and I also found reasonable lodging just outside of HVNP. But, our lodging in Kona is pricey and crazy expensive in Poipu.

It all balances out though because we are taking advantage of a companion pass with Southwest. Had to use it before it expires at the end of February - Hawaii really got us some maximum benefit on the 2 for 1 flying deal!

We also used it to go to Yellowstone in September so we definitely have taken advantage of the companion pass!! I will be ready to stay home for a while after this, though. Traveling is so fun, but exhausting! Big problem to have, lol.

Where there is a will, there is a way. ENJOY!

Yeah I saw some hotels which had rooms with views of Diamond Head.

But it was so far from the restaurants at the center of Waikiki.

Yeah I saw some hotels which had rooms with views of Diamond Head.

But it was so far from the restaurants at the center of Waikiki.

From Kapahulu end of Waikiki on Kuhio, you can catch "THE BUS" about every 5 minutes and it will take you the mile+ or so to the other end of Waikiki. I think it's up to $3 now - but what you save on a hotel should easily cover the cost of transpo. Whenever I was lazy back in the day, I'd take THE BUS to get around Waikiki.

Better try to make reservations at night though lunch is rarely a big problem - though the "elegant" restaurants aren't all open at lunch. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom