Help finding an old travel post

PaunchyPirate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Sorry to have to ask for this help, but I've used the forum search and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

A year (or more?) ago, someone on this forum posted images of a map they had made showing a road trip. There were comments about the nice map. I believe I made one of the comments. A discussion of how the map was made or similar maps by other people. At one point, a poster specifically mentioned some software (for the Mac, I believe) that they use to make road trip maps. I thought I bookmarked that posting because I was thinking of buying a new Mac and thought I'd like to look into that software when I did. Now, of course, I can't find a bookmark and using the search hasn't helped me much. I'm sure it's buried in a posting that isn't obvious by its title.

Does anyone have a better memory and/or search skills to help me locate this thread?

Dang! That was fast. May I ask how you found that so quick?

At the top of the page there is a search box, which works well and is normally good enough.

But in the toolbar below that, there is another Search button. If you use the dropdown from that, you'll find a number of options. I usually select "Advanced Search" there. It's quite powerful if you have something specific in mind, or if you're looking for something from a particular poster. You can get the results from that either as threads or as individual posts.

Thanks for the help guys. This is indeed the thread I was looking for. I was able to download and install the Ortelius software and am about to play with it some.

Thanks again!

At the top of the page there is a search box, which works well and is normally good enough.

But in the toolbar below that, there is another Search button. If you use the dropdown from that, you'll find a number of options. I usually select "Advanced Search" there. It's quite powerful if you have something specific in mind, or if you're looking for something from a particular poster. You can get the results from that either as threads or as individual posts.

Thanks. It sounds like I was doing the right thing when I searched. I just didn't know enough to enter good search words. You were very helpful.

Sorry to have to ask for this help, but I've used the forum search and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

A year (or more?) ago, someone on this forum posted images of a map they had made showing a road trip. There were comments about the nice map. I believe I made one of the comments. A discussion of how the map was made or similar maps by other people. At one point, a poster specifically mentioned some software (for the Mac, I believe) that they use to make road trip maps. I thought I bookmarked that posting because I was thinking of buying a new Mac and thought I'd like to look into that software when I did. Now, of course, I can't find a bookmark and using the search hasn't helped me much. I'm sure it's buried in a posting that isn't obvious by its title.

Does anyone have a better memory and/or search skills to help me locate this thread?
Click on your name (or anyone else that you know posted on the thread) click statistics then find all posts by xxxx and you will get everything you or they ever posted.
I usually click on my own name if I know for sure I commented on the post.

Back
Top Bottom