Help with a trip to the southwest

Bryce should be ok in April, especially the end of April. But this is Bryce on March 13, 2020. We got there a little early.

Bryce ranges from 6600 to 9100 ft in elevation so yes, it can get snowy. And you flat landers that want to hike in the park be forewarned. Quite a few of the popular hikes go down which is easy, until you have to go back up to get out.

I once saw a group from a bus tour, (think elderly) being herded back up a trail by their guides and it wasn't a pretty site.

How 'bout one of those class b+ units. Pretty nice. Leisure Travel makes some really nice but pricey ones. So does Pleasure Way. All you gotta do is sell about another 1000 call options to pick up a nice Mercedes diesel version.:)

I have been thinking about a 24-footer Airstream Interstate. Dually rear wheels, towing capacity of 5,000 lbs supposedly. Still looks crowded compared to my current class C, but I think I can live with it. The Roadtrek is just too small for us (and we are skinny people).

Anyway, the list price for new ones is outrageous. I think that in another year or so, will be able to pick up a decent used one with low miles for less than $100K, maybe even $80K, when the people who flocked to buy RVs now get tired of theirs.

About selling call options, I have made so much money with it, but frugal habits die hard. :) I will admit making money is more fun to me than spending it. Why? I think making money is harder, and more gratifying. On the other hand, anybody can spend money, and that takes no skills.

Last edited:
Speaking of Zion and Bryce Canyon, when I visited these NPs in our maiden RV voyage in 2012, saw that many of the visitors were European.

And yet, it took me almost 40 years living in the SW before I visited these parks. I spent all my vacations those years going to the West Coast, and the PNW.

these are fun videos about a vehicle rescue service and their adventures pulling people out near Zion Ut.

https://youtu.be/DrUD4mSvZms

This might be the best Youtube channel EVER....it also shows you don't have to line up like sheep to enter Zion you have myriad of other choices of Zion like places to see.

Definitely see Carlsbad Caverns, Taos Pueblo, Bandelier National Monument, Four Corners, Ship Rock in NM.

Back
Top Bottom