Know of interactive travel planning maps that shows this stuff?

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Know of interactive travel planning map that shows this stuff?

If I don't know anything about a particular state, I need an easier way to figure out if there is something near our route that we'd be willing to detour to see. (After we visited Utah for a lovely 3.5 weeks, we learned we'd been 30 minutes away from an iconic area that we'd loved to have seen.)

Example of format: https://www.roadsideamerica.com/map/ut

Although the above site is for lesser-known roadside attractions, it is the kind of thing I'm looking for. It has the awesome ability to pick and save sites. So I'm looking for this, EXCEPT it would include major "must see" national and state parks, monuments, and other points of interest. Bonus for being able to put the sites in order and map the route.

Utah has a site: Example: https://www.visitutah.com/plan-your-trip/recommended-itineraries/iconic-classics/ But it only has a max of seven days for each itinerary and itineraries are fixed, not interactive.

I understand one can't see everything in one trip. I'm not trying to see everything. Just looking for a better way to discover the choices along the way.

Thanks for any comments.

Last edited:
I think you are looking for roadtrippers.com

My favorite category is "Weird Stuff" or "Offbeat Attractions"

I think you are looking for roadtrippers.com

My favorite category is "Weird Stuff" or "Offbeat Attractions"
Cool site! I've bookmarked it and downloaded the app. I'd think this is about as good as the OP could hope for.

Cool. You get the bonus points! Roadtrippers.com is even better than what I was imagining.

If ever mentioned before, I don't remember. And I was likely still in information overload researching and preparing for RVing.

I suppose the only refinements they could add would be dispersed camping by length of RV, boondocking areas, and good Walmart parking. LOL!

Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom