Looking for Upscale Apartment Rental Lisbon

mexexpat

Recycles dryer sheets
Looking for Upscale Vacation Apartment Rental Lisbon

I will scour HomeAway/VRBO and Airbnb as I normally do, but wondering if anyone has recommendation for other vacation rental source(s).

Want something on the luxury side....2BR 2BA or larger with an outdoor terrace or balcony in a desirable centrally located neighborhood where we can walk to eateries, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions on either specific rental agencies or neighborhoods based on recent travels to Lisbon? This is our first trip to Portugal though we travel to EU annually (last 5 trips were to Spain).

Much appreciated!

Last edited:
I would think that you can just use the standard filters on Airbnb's website to find a 2 BDRM, 2 Bath apartment in the area that you are interested in staying in Lisbon. Note that on Airbnb's website the first filter is for the number of beds, which you can ignore. Search for "Whole House" with 2 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms, and that will show you what is available. I've had pretty good luck by paying careful attention to the pictures. My only negative experience was in Paris where we rented an otherwise nice 2BDRM condo, but it was owner occupied meaning the closets were full of their things. It was also much less clean that the apartments that we have rented that are clearly just one step removed from being hotels. Good luck and post back on what you find. I have very fond memories of Lisbon from 30+ years ago so I want to go back.

I use both Airbnb and HomeAway/VRBO regularly with great success and know how to navigate both websites.

However, my q. is regarding ALTERNATE renting agencies for Lisbon vacation rentals. For example, we own homes in two tourist destinations (one in the US; one in Mexico) and as locals we know of local rental/management companies who handle vacation homes that are not listed on either of the aforementioned sites.

We have been very happy at this hotel in October:
Tesouro da Baixa by Shiadu.
Well situated in the city center, great breakfast, nice and helpful staff.

Back
Top Bottom