March Break in Myrtle Beach

superdave

Recycles dryer sheets
Planning a trip to Myrtle Beach for march Break. DW . 2 teenage kids + me. :) We all golf :):) and like new but 'budget' hotels like Fairfield by Marriott, etc.

Looking for Hotel suggestions + inexpensive golf courses. We love golf, but don't need $200 green fees to challenge ourselves.

Thanks

I spent much of my younger days around the Myrtle Beach area. I can't help much on golf courses or hotels, since I don't get over that way anymore...but I can tell you if you drive up the intercoastal hwy (17) north towards Cherry Grove Beach, ask around for directions to the Captain's Plank seafood/buffet restaurant for a really good deal on a lunchtime meal. And...take a look at the restaurant right next door to it and see if you can believe the name of it. I figured it would have been changed long before now. If you go, you'll see what I mean! Have a great trip to the Grand Strand! Oh, if you don't already know, or are familiar with the area, the Myrtle Beach Pavilion has been shut down. That's a shame, because it has been a family oriented fun-place for a very long time. I'm sure glad my own kids got to make some memories there, like I did when I was a kid and my parents used to take us there. Progress, I guess.:rolleyes:

Planning a trip to Myrtle Beach for march Break. DW . 2 teenage kids + me. :) We all golf :):) and like new but 'budget' hotels like Fairfield by Marriott, etc.

Looking for Hotel suggestions + inexpensive golf courses. We love golf, but don't need $200 green fees to challenge ourselves.

Thanks

I have been to Myrtle twice in the last three years but I do not have any great hotel suggestions. I did not book any tee times before we got to Myrtle and both times it worked in my favor. Many places seem to have special rates that only become available 48 hours or less in advance of a scheduled tee time. This worked great for me since I would only call to book a tee time once I knew the weather would be nice. Since Myrtle has over 100 golf courses, I do not think that you will have trouble finding a course to play at the last minute. When I checked in to the resorts where we stayed, I was bombarded with special golf deals, coupons, etc. The greens fees varied between $40 and $60 at each course. The only course that I was not pleased with was a place called Possum Trot. The other five or so courses were all nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom