Join Early Retirement Today

Masters golf tournament
Old 12-22-2015, 07:48 AM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado

Masters golf tournament

Attending the Masters is high on my bucket list. I've tried to get tickets through the lottery for several years with no success. Has anyone purchased a Masters package? They are expensive but it may be the only way to get in. For those who have gone, is it really the religious golf experience people imagine? Also, any tips on lodging would be greatly appreciated.
23window is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2015, 08:39 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Went in 2008. It is the "religious experience" that you would imagine. First time you walk onto the grounds it is like "oh my god"! I'm no help on the best way to secure tickets, got mine through megacorp contacts. We rented a condo in the area. A lot of the locals put their houses up for the week and leave town. The city of Augusta isn't all that exciting but the course is amazing.

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
Confused about dryer sheets

This is the thread that got me to stop lurking.

I have entered the lottery for maybe 15 years. This year I "won" Saturday tix for face.

The place lives up to any expectation you have. It is incredibly well run. Just a small example, if you buy your swag when you enter they have a free bag check so you don't have to schlep it around. you can put your chair near a green, and leave it (folks will sit in it, but then when you come back you get it back...likewise you sit in whatever other empty chair you find on other greens.

You can also get a completely free picture in front of the clubhouse..they email you the link.

I was amazed at how much of a "party" scene it is...folks walking around with a beer in each hand, starting at 7am.

Well worth doing, just not easy to get the tix.

I'm not much help on lodging, I stayed with friends in SC and did the easy drive down and back.
Visions is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
augusta, golf, masters