Need advice about Final Four in Minneapolis

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Do we have any Forum members who live in Minneapolis or know about that city? I am hoping that the college basketball team I follow will make it to the Final Four in Minneapolis the first weekend in April. If my team makes it I will probably fly in (too far to drive). Hotels close to the US Bank stadium are very pricey and many are sold out. If I stay further out, like in St. Paul or near the Mall of America, would it be practical for me to take the light rail to the stadium the day of the games? I will be able to get tickets to the games through my university.

Will it still be winter in Minneapolis the first weekend of April? Here in Chapel Hill, NC it is already spring--70 degrees today.

What advice do you have for me about coming to Minneapolis for the Final Four? (This will be the 7th Final Four I have attended, lucky me!) Is Minneapolis a pretty safe city? Are there any areas I should avoid? If I get to come, what else should I do while I am there? I have never been to Minneapolis before.

Yes, you can make it from St Paul to Minneapolis for the games via lightrail and it is totally practical. Bring an umbrella and a jacket. My advice, don't stay out past 10pm in any downtown lol. Crimes are usually just targeted and if you are from out of town I wouldn't worry too much, we are safe.

US Bank area isn't a bad area, but its not all we have to offer. We have St Paul as you mentioned, then there is the "north loop", "UpTown", "DinkyTown" and Marquette where all the fancy shopping is and then Bloomington where the Mall of America is and tons of quaint little river towns like Stillwater, Hastings (where Grumpy old Men was filmed) etc.

We have Uber and Lyft as well. And those Lime Bikes and Scooters are available to rent as well. Plenty of good food and lots of attractions outside the FF action.

kgtest, thanks, good to hear form a local. I will have to be out in the stadium area fairly late because the games will be late but there will be a big crowd of people.

Any suggestions for restaurants that aren't too expensive around the US Bank stadium?

How about hotel suggestions? I would love to stay downtown within walking distance of the stadium, are there any reasonable priced accommodations? Would there be any areas with Air BnBs/VRBOs in the downtown area? I am not sure which areas to look for accommodations.

Back
Top Bottom