New York Federal Reserve museum and Vault tour

PERSonalTime

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone ever taken the New York Federal Reserve museum and gold vault tour? If so, how was it? Please give me a description to let me know if it's something worth doing.

Thanks

I think it is worthwhile. There is an amazing display of currency and coins, including the world's most valuable single coin, a nice exhibit on the Fed and the monetary system, some stuff about bank regulation (including a large stuffed CAMEL), and the gold vault is simply unique. You will need reservations for sure and security is tight, although the tour is free.

I think it is worthwhile. There is an amazing display of currency and coins, including the world's most valuable single coin, a nice exhibit on the Fed and the monetary system, some stuff about bank regulation (including a large stuffed CAMEL), and the gold vault is simply unique. You will need reservations for sure and security is tight, although the tour is free.

Thanks for the reply! When did you go?

I have not done it but would like to. I enjoy money museums. Last one was the Denver Mint. In Ottawa, Canada, the Canadian Mint is good and there is a great money display on the Sparks Street Mall.

I have not done it but would like to. I enjoy money museums. Last one was the Denver Mint. In Ottawa, Canada, the Canadian Mint is good and there is a great money display on the Sparks Street Mall.

There is also a great museum in Colorado springs run by the national numismatic society.

Yes, the Denver mint was great.

And I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that somewhere along the tour, they use the line "And no, we don't give out free samples!". :facepalm:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

They used that on the tour of the printing presses in D.C.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom