Ocean City, MD - Thanksgiving Week 2021

PaunchyPirate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just thought I’d provide a little trip report for my week in Ocean City, MD over Thanksgiving. My 2 best friends and I rented a nice AirBnB condo on the beach a couple miles north of the boardwalk area. These friends are ones that I have known for over 50 years — we went to school together starting in 2nd grade.

We paid $1500 for 6 nights in the condo. It was a 2 bedroom/2 bath and nicely furnished and equipped. The balcony was plenty big for us to sit out in the high Adirondack chairs, however we only did that briefly due to the cold temperatures. Our condo was right on the beach with non-stop ocean wave views and sounds.

The weather was about as expected. One rainy day, a couple sunny days, and a few cloudy days. Temps ranged from low 30s at night to low 50s during the days. We knew we wouldn’t be laying out on the beach. But it was nice enough to bundle up a bit and walk the beach and boardwalk to see the views.

We drove down to Assateague Island to check out the wild ponies, birds, and waters. We drove up to Rehobeth Beach and did a little shopping. We walked the entire Ocean City Boardwalk down and back (nothing was open). We enjoyed the Ocean City Christmas Festival of Lights one evening. We ate out at local restaurants a few times and cooked in the condo as well. On Thanksgiving, we stayed home and fixed our big meal and watched the Macy’s Parade and football.

Being the off season, obviously there weren’t any crowds anywhere. Many (most?) of the beachy businesses were closed for the season, but enough restaurants were open to find enough food to eat. One of the miniature golf courses was even open, although we did not play.

All-in-all, it was exactly the week we wanted and my 2 friends needed. They both still work in stressful jobs (nursing and international trade) and really needed to escape from reality for a few days.

If you’re looking for a quiet and peaceful, cold weather beach location, I recommend trying Ocean City.

Last edited:
Its nice to take advantage of spots like that without the crowds!

Good report.

I spent a few days in OC, Md In late Sept/early Oct 2020. Enjoyed it immensely. Not crowded then and everything still open That's actually a pretty nice boardwalk with quite a bit of history.

I also like the Jersey shore beaches of Ocean City NJ, Cape May, Ocean Grove, Avalon, and, somewhat surprisingly, Wildwood.

Some really nice boardwalks in several and great beaches in all.

Thanks for the report. We have been to Ocean City many times. It is a great place to be in its off-season, there is still enough to do with no crowds, as you found out. Glad you had a great time!

Back
Top Bottom