Pet Friendly - Hilton Head

virginia

Recycles dryer sheets
Hey all - I am looking for a hotel/condo/townhouse to visit frequently in Hilton Head Island with my pet. (Small dog/puppy) I've been doing some internet searching, but it seems like most locations that accept pets are not close to the beach or have huge nonrefundable charges (Like $100). I'm looking to go at least 1-2 times per month on the weekends for a night or two, so this high fee is not for me.

Was hoping that someone on the forum is a frequent Hilton Head visitor and pet owner!

You are looking for a summer rental or just to book on the fly? I know nothing about HH, but you might want to check some of the places out nearer to Savannah, like Tybee, or even further up this way toward Charleston like Seabrook, if you dig that "resort-y" lifestyle that HH sells.
VRBO might be worth looking into--I know a number of places listed there on our local fun beach communities allow pets.

I've not seen a "pet-friendly" advertised place that didn't charge a fee. Maybe you can make some ongoing arrangements to have the fee reduced?

I am looking to go on the weekends - I just like the beaches there. I guess I can always go to Tybee for a day trip, but there are always logistical issues like being all "sandy" and then wanting to go somewhere else. We will work it out.

Bestwife - I had thought about giving your idea a try. I think that might work.

Look at Deer Island - a little known area of SeaPines, right by the famous HarbourTowne Light house. We stayed there for a month in July 2010 with our puppies - wonderful area and in walking distance of the LightHouse and Golf Club.

Back
Top Bottom