poll:How many countries have you visited?

How many countries have you visited?

• 1 Country

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 2 to 5 Countries

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • 6 to 10 Countries

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • 11 to 20 Countries

Votes: 29 21.6%
  • 21 to 30 Countries

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • 31 to 40 Countries

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • 41 to 50 Countries

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • 51 to 60 Countries

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 61 to 70 Countries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71 to 80 Countries

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 81 to 90 Countries

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 91 to 100 Countries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 101 or more Countries

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
The travel industry would go broke if it depended on me.

Me too... international travel is not my thing.

I've been to Canada and Mexico that's it.

Ironically, I'm now retired in Mexico while not leaving Texas.

A fun exercise, though I'm with the OP: I never counted places where I didn't leave the airport or cross a border checkpoint.

Having said that, under TCC rules I'm at 37. The most unusual one IMO is North Korea. When visiting the DMZ I stepped around the end of the bargaining table to make room for everyone. The soldier conducting the tour mentioned that I was considered to be standing in North Korea...that'll suffice for me!

38. I counted Paraguay, where I was on a bus that traversed the Itaipu dam from Brazil, and returned without letting passengers disembark.

115 for me. Will add another 10 or so in the first three months of retirement. One i have been for around only 15 seconds (stepped through "Good Fence" between Israel and Lebanon forty years ago) and Ireland was airport only.

Marc

31 on six continents. But I am up to 45 states and plan to get the remaining 5 in the next couple of years.

Fun fact: New Zealand is probably on its own continental plate after all.

And there are several definitions on what is a continent anyway ..

I've always known there are a lot of world travelers on this website.

One of our goals for E/R was to see many, many countries. I think we've been to 20 countries in the last 3 years.

And if your health is good, keep on travelin'. There's nothing like having a knowledge of so many places.

42 and it was a nice walk down memory lane. We go to the places we like over and over.

There are still places I/we want to visit (some again & again), and others I/we have no interest in whatsoever.

Last edited:
Been to many places repeatedly but not so many unique countries.

For the most part, have avoided developing countries.

25 countries and 21 U.S. states. Most of the countries are in Asia and my visits were work-related. So I didn't really see much except the airport, inside of a taxi, conference room at a manufacturing plant, restaurant, hotel. Rinse and repeat for 25 years. So glad to be retired.

The only countries we have actually visited and done the tourist thing are Mallorca in Spain, England and old Mexico.

Like lots of others - I have worked international for many years - and I am so tired of both international & domestic air travel, airports, stress and hassles we all face now on planes. And don't forget flying regularly on 3rd world domestic airlines as required by work....risky business for sure....

For Ms. gamboolgal & I - the dam jet-lag is terrible. It does get worse with age !

I can't wait to retire - planned for about 2 years from now. And Lord willing I will never use my passport again.

I would admit that we've have seen so much heart breaking poverty and despair in the countries we work in - that it has likely influenced my perspective.

For all those folks who love to travel and visit the exotic foreign places - I say good stuff and enjoy it.

We are looking forward to being able to get in the car and hit the road to take road trips in the USA with no schedule, no itinerary and no dam watches. But thats just us....different strokes for different folks for sure !

I put mine into Google maps...10

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170722-074927.jpg
    Screenshot_20170722-074927.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Looking quickly, it appears 19. It will go up to 20 on 8/1 when I land in Alaska.

When I did the count (without the spreadsheet) my number was a lot lower... The spreadsheet did two things - reminded me of some countries I'd transited through (Taiwan, Belgium) and broke out some "countries" that aren't separate countries at all... I got 6 extra "countries" for the following:

Hawaii
Okinawa
Gibralter
Sicily
Wales
Scotland

My total is now 31.

Hold on there! Scotland is a country, Wales is not...being a Principality within the United Kingdom, of which Gibraltar is an Overseas Territory. As you can see, we like to keep things simple around here....

Hold on there! Scotland is a country, Wales is not...being a Principality within the United Kingdom, of which Gibraltar is an Overseas Territory. As you can see, we like to keep things simple around here....

pfff.... Cymru am byth !

Back
Top Bottom