Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-05-2017, 04:35 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

We have been to Krakow twice and really love it.
Teacher Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2017, 04:36 PM   #62
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
We have been to Krakow twice and really love it.
Have heard good reports....looking forward to it!

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #63
Recycles dryer sheets

Do most of you then fly back? We have always wanted to do a repositioning cruise but we don't want to fly back. And not Europe savvy enough to know how to stay there affordably for the 4+ months until a repositioning cruise comes back. Hence my thread about tramp/freighter ships and the Queen Mary 2 Ocean Liner.

Just didn't know if I was missing some other alternative to getting back to the U.S. without flying. Or if anyone had good articles/resources for staying in Europe for several months (at an affordable rate).
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #64
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
. Hence my thread about tramp/freighter ships and the Queen Mary 2 Ocean Liner.
I would not recommend the QM2, unless you like to really dress up for dinner every night for the crappy food they have. Unless you are in the Grill Cla$$, it is not a good experience.
The only reason I did it because at the time they had a deal to fly the Concorde back for about $300 per person.
Souschef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:36 AM   #65

Anyone here have experience with great deals for singles?

Looking to do a repositioning cruise somewhere in the next two years. Looked a bit at Discount Cruises, Last Minute Cruises, Cruise, Cruise Line, Cruise Vacation Pricing doesn't seem to be found below 60 USD per day? For doubles 39 USD is quite prevalent.
Totoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:02 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
Anyone here have experience with great deals for singles?

Looking to do a repositioning cruise somewhere in the next two years. Looked a bit at Discount Cruises, Last Minute Cruises, Cruise, Cruise Line, Cruise Vacation Pricing doesn't seem to be found below 60 USD per day? For doubles 39 USD is quite prevalent.
So pricing for a single is about $60 USD/day compared to the doubles rate - is that what you are saying? A tour package is about twice that for a single plus airfare to get to/from the start of the tour. Sounds like a bargain!

- Rita
Old 02-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #67
Give me a forum ...

WE fly home but if I wanted to stay in Europe for a few months I would rent an apartment. Some friends of mine did this and saved a lot of $. It also depends what country and area you are in in regard to the expenses involved. It would be cheap to live in Poland for a few months but not if you choose a big city in Italy. My friends actually put all their possessions in storage and then rented their paid for home for a year while they traveled.
Teacher Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:32 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
So pricing for a single is about $60 USD/day compared to the doubles rate - is that what you are saying? A tour package is about twice that for a single plus airfare to get to/from the start of the tour. Sounds like a bargain!

- Rita
The best deal I could find right now - yes. Without airfare as well. Thing is the some of these ships have single cabins so it's not as if I'm taking up space

And it's excluding $12 to $15 (depends on the offer) 'mandatory' tipping per day.

Guess I shouldn't ask for the moon, it would be great to find something around the same price as for doubles. Pet peeve of the day (year): being punished for singledom
Totoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
The best deal I could find right now - yes. Without airfare as well. Thing is the some of these ships have single cabins so it's not as if I'm taking up space

And it's excluding $12 to $15 (depends on the offer) 'mandatory' tipping per day.

Guess I shouldn't ask for the moon, it would be great to find something around the same price as for doubles. Pet peeve of the day (year): being punished for singledom
Overseas Adventure Travel doesn't charge a single supplement for their small ship cruises, but, single cabins are limited if you insist on no roommate. If you are willing to accept a roommate they will match you. Grand Circle Travel, their parent company does charge single supplements for river cruises. If you are willing to share they will match you. If they can't match you they don't charge a supplement.
gct.com
oattravel.com

Rita