Rogue river rafting

tinner2u

Dryer sheet wannabe
Just got home from 3 day whitewater rafting trip on the Rogue. Absolutely fantastic. Stayed in lodges at night, a couple of which are only accessible by boat. Most of the float was on a section of river designated as scenic and wild. No motors and well regulated. Beautiful and fun. Our guides were both knowledgeable and hilarious. I highly recommend this trip and the guide service we used.
Rogue Canyon Adventures :: Rogue River Rafting, Hiking & Fishing Trips On Oregon's Wild & Scenic Rogue River

We did a half day raft trip on the rogue 2 weeks ago (part of our big road trip/college tour trip.) It was a blast - 2 class four rapids. We even "surfed" one of the class 2 rapids. (Went in backwards so the we were facing upriver with the rapid pushing us upriver, and the current pushing us down river.)

Not so fun for another boat in our group - it capsized. Our boat pulled 3 of the passengers out of the river... fortunately, it was at the end of the trip. The rescued rafters were very shaken up.

Last edited:
OP -
How much was the cost ?

What was included ?

The river looks small, their video shows the raft nearly hitting rock walls, as in keep you hands inside the raft type of closeness.

Their site is badly outdated, showing specials for 2015 !! (no price either on specials).

We did a half day raft trip on the rogue 2 weeks ago (part of our big road trip/college tour trip.) It was a blast - 2 class four rapids. We even "surfed" one of the class 2 rapids. (Went in backwards so the we were facing upriver with the rapid pushing us upriver, and the current pushing us down river.)

Not so fun for another boat in our group - it capsized. Our boat pulled 3 of the passengers out of the river... fortunately, it was at the end of the trip. The rescued rafters were very shaken up.

Yup, rule out rafting for me, I know I would have been in the capsized boat. I just watched the video, they didnt need to post the capsize, I got dizzy watching it. Seeing the rocks was enough of an adventure for me. I saw a dog in one of the clips, he looked thrilled. Im glad you had fun, I wont be blocking the line on this one, haha

Last edited:
We are in Bend currently, and scheduled the Mackenzie River raft trip for next week. I used to do this type of trip on my own, and shredded some rafts. A guided trip at our age is better suited to us. $75 for 1/2 day is not bad for a cheap thrill ride in class 2. Oregon has some great rivers to float as well, we will likely float the Deschutes river this week in tubes to beat the heat.

OP -
How much was the cost ?

What was included ?

The river looks small, their video shows the raft nearly hitting rock walls, as in keep you hands inside the raft type of closeness.

Their site is badly outdated, showing specials for 2015 !! (no price either on specials).
I would guess the cost varies dramatically with the season. We paid about $900 each. 3 days on the river with 2 lodge stays. Price includes meals, snacks. Top notch operation, give them a call if your interested. You'll probably talk to Travis who owns the company and guides the boats. Spotty cell service on the river. Well worth it and you will be completely safe.

After having to assist in pulling out a dead mom from the McKenzie I don't have interest in rafting again. But the speed boats on the rogue look awesome

I've been looking to do an extended raft trip like this for a few years. The Colorado trips have always been a bucket list for myself but the DW is not quite as enthused as myself :)

Both, my DW and I didn't think we'd get into rafting much, but tagged along with a few friends for a 2 day trip rafting the New River in West Virginia. Absolutely great fun! Would consider a grand canyon rafting trip now that I got the taste of it - not sure DW will go that far....

Both, my DW and I didn't think we'd get into rafting much, but tagged along with a few friends for a 2 day trip rafting the New River in West Virginia. Absolutely great fun! Would consider a grand canyon rafting trip now that I got the taste of it - not sure DW will go that far....
If you liked the New, check out the Gauley. Do the 4 man raft, so fun. Five class V rapids on the Upper Gauley. The lower is a bit more sedate.

Sorry to hear about the river tragedy. Fast moving water is exciting but also inherently dangerous.

We have always loved river rafting as a family. We have done Snake, Salmon, American, Cataract Canyon colorado and are hoping to do Grand Canyon in the future. I've heard the Rogue is fun as well.

We've done some white water rafting on the Ocoee River in East Tennessee and the Nantahala River in Western North Carolina--day trips.

The Ocoee is where the Atlanta Olympics held their kayak races, and it's about as perfect of up to Class V white water as there is anywhere. We were by there the other day, and hundreds of people were on the river in rafts.

But the Chattahoochee River on the South Carolina/Georgia border is even wilder, and you can take an overnight trip there. Just don't expect to hear the banjos playing, as that's where Deliverance was filmed.

The Ocoee is where the Atlanta Olympics held their kayak races, and it's about as perfect of up to Class V white water as there is anywhere. We were by there the other day, and hundreds of people were on the river in rafts.

But the Chattahoochee River on the South Carolina/Georgia border is even wilder, and you can take an overnight trip there. Just don't expect to hear the banjos playing, as that's where Deliverance was filmed.

The Ocoee is a blast, but like all white water of that caliber it isn't for those who wish to avoid risk. We've done it three times with our then-teenagers, and on the middle trip passed by an ongoing recovery effort after an earlier raft capsized.

Need to look into the Chattahoochee....

We have done it a few times when younger and it was fun. However, some good friends of mine got seriously hurt and after that I will pass.

FWIW - I had a different outfitter than the OP. Orange Torpedo.

I've rafted the Flathead 2x (both times when I was visiting Glacier NP but 20 years apart between trips. I've done a bunch of trips on the Lehigh in the Poconos. (That's where Philliefan33 is a guide). Both float trips and dam release trips. I've done a trip on the Trinity... fell out on that one after we'd done the class IV rapid... friend in front started falling and I broke the rules and grabbed for him. Doh! And now the Rogue.

I'm thinking about the grand canyon once we're no longer tied to kids schedules.

Back
Top Bottom