Southwest Airlines 72 hour sale begins 10/10/17

flintnational

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Round trip flights begin at $98. The full list of sale fares is here. The page loads to the terms and conditions below the fares, scroll up to view the fares.

It looks like they have sale fares from most of their departure airports.

Edit: Travel in the United States is valid from October 31 through December 19, 2017 and January 3 through February 14, 2018.

Examples

Atlanta to

Austin $94 one way
Baltimore $59 one way
Boston $58 one way

FN

Last edited:
thanks for posting this - may visit my sister in DEN during Xmas.

We had travel booked to California. Rebooked this morning at the lower fares - saved about $100 each, reducing round trip fare from $400 to $300, a total savings of about $200 for the two of us.

It's their standard sale. There was a better one last week for Californians only supposedly. $29 in state and $10-$20 cheaper on the other routes west of the Mississippi.

These are terrific low prices!!!! Wow.

We aren't planning to go anywhere, but I hope those who are have a great time. :)

Just booked a flight to Las Vegas for December.
Taking an outdoor class and wanted to make sure I go during cooler weather.
Timing of sale worked out perfectly!

I booked PDX to SJC for $68 then found one Alaska flight return for the same price. Off to see grandchildren!

Whenever Southwest has these sales I always check the destinations if you depart from CLE. DEN is never included and that's where DHs 88 year old mom lives. I was surprised to see that this sale included DEN and there were many flights available. Of course, none were $49 but the lowest was $99 which is still a decent sale.

DH contacted his sisters in DEN who oversee Mom, who still lives in her own home. He asked them if a visit from him would be welcome and helpful. One sister works multiple part time jobs and the other is a full time teacher. They gave him a time frame that would work and we were able to get non-stop flights for him in Nov. Most of the flights had a plane change, there is only one non-stop per day. One was $99 and the other was just a little bit more.

We had enough Southwest points from some travel earlier this year so this trip only cost $11.20 in fees. Ka Ching!

Then we looked for a rental car. The prices, even for a compact car were $350 - $450 which was much higher than the last time he rented out there. We checked for deals on our credit card sites and then AARP. Found a deal going through Costco for a small SUV for $185 for 5 days. All the prices were high except for this one deal highlighted when we searched though Costco.

Have a good time, DH!

Last edited:
Then we looked for a rental car. The prices, even for a compact car were $350 - $450 which was much higher than the last time he rented out there. We checked for deals on our credit card sites and then AARP. Found a deal going through Costco for a small SUV for $185 for 5 days. All the prices were high except for this one deal highlighted when we searched though Costco.

FWIW, I've often had great success finding good pricing on rentals with Autoslash.com. You input your criteria and it spits out a matrix of providers and prices...and keeps updating them a few times a week. YMMV

omni

I love Costco's car rental site. Several years ago our beloved (curse'd IMHO) Jeep died on a remote section of freeway in Idaho. They found a great price on a sub compact for a one way rental to CO. Sub compacts are not in demand in ID so the rental agency posted a "get it out of here rate".

FWIW, I've often had great success finding good pricing on rentals with Autoslash.com. You input your criteria and it spits out a matrix of providers and prices...and keeps updating them a few times a week. YMMV

omni

Thanks for the link. I'm giving that a try.

Back
Top Bottom