Things to do/see around Orlando?

Fermion

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We wrecked our feet yesterday at Disney Hollywood Studios in Orlando. The 90 degree heat didn't help. Still, it was fun but we need to spread out our visits to the theme parks and fill in the other days with less feet oriented activities.

I was thinking a trip to see a launch. Maybe some deep sea fishing with one of those guided boats that practically bait your hook.

Anything else? We are in the area for a month, staying in both Orlando and Cocoa Beach.

Orlando is a good location for day or overnight trips. Consider Tampa / St Pete and St Augustine. A trip to the Kennedy Space Center is very nice way to spend a day.

Last edited:
Yes definitely a trip to the space center. That is probably a all day event.

I think SpaceX launches in mid November, unless it is delayed. I would love to see a booster land, but not sure if you can even get close enough to see that.

Orlando Science Center
Winter Park Lake Boat Tour

We like both of them a lot.

Mount Dora is about 45 mins north, and the downtown area is fun. Lots of little shops, and there is a boat ride as well. Very scenic.

St Augustine is 3 hours north, and lovely. Tram tickets are a must to get around the historic district. Plus, there is a boat ride as well. If you're lucky, the pirate ship(s) are also cruising around.

St Petersburg is 2 hours south, and has the Salvador Dali museum which is really good.

If you go to Coco Beach make sure you find 'I Dream of Jeannie" Drive. It's a hoot to get a pic near the street sign.

Tarpon Springs is a greek area on the gulf coast, also with shops and boat rides. A little further north is Wikee Watchee where you can watch the underwater mermaids do their act. Homosassa Springs is over there, where you can see the largest collection of manatees. There is a very cool boat ride.

Gatorland is a must see. It really is fun.

There are airboat rides lots of places. Just need to do a search.

I'll think of more, no doubt. Welcome to Orlando!

We have a little boat with us (a Portland Pudgy) but I was only planning on using it in the canals around Banana river (it is wee, although unsinkable).

Those lake tours look very interesting!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom