Join Early Retirement Today

Tin Leg Travel Insurance
Old 07-28-2021, 07:39 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Tin Leg Travel Insurance

We are looking to purchase travel insurance for several overseas trips in 2022. We have purchased and used Allianz in the past, but they don’t sell cancel for any reason policies. Does anyone have any experience with using travel insurance of any kind from Tin Leg?

Thank you,

EdL3
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2021, 07:49 AM   #2

We used them last year, never again.

When I made a claim, they transferred everything to a third party claims administrator, who asked for a ridiculous (and impossible) number of documents to verify what was actually a very straightforward claim (we had both tour company and police reports of stolen suitcases, the whole nine yards).

My complaints and efforts to resolve it went nowhere, and we never did get any reimbursement from them.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:10 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Be very careful with Cancel for Any Reason and that it really is that with no exclusions. Read the fine print from their policy documents thoroughly - do not rely on a blurb or check mark you may be looking at on a third party site like InsureMyTrip, for example.
njhowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:24 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks for the responses. We went with Trawick Safe Travels Voyager policy with Covid & Cancel For Any Reason coverage.

Thanks,

Ed

PS - Hope we never have to use it.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I got an email from Delta Airlines today about our upcoming flight to Germany.

There are issues these days out of the control of travelers (and airlines) and they said they will try to accommodate customers needs when situations arise. I assume they were talking about rescheduling flights cancelled due to COVID and they will work to change dates of travel, etc. if travelers test positive on required COVID tests.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote