Travel? Don't miss this!

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
If you are interested in travel, I would suggest that you consider placing a link to this website, that I tracked down from a link posted by Souschef on the recent New England travel thread.

Travels Around the World With Steve & Kathy

For me, an absolutely delightful series of adventures... world-wide... to places and countries that most of us will never see.

Many beautiful pictures in each trip, with a first person narrative that is so well written that you'll feel that you are there.

I've set aside time to enjoy one of the trips, each day... a vicarious tour with a professional guide.

Thank you Steve!

Last edited:
If you are interested in travel, I would suggest that you consider placing a link to this website, that I tracked down from a link posted by Souschef on the recent New England travel thread.

Travels Around the World With Steve & Kathy

For me, an absolutely delightful series of adventures... world-wide... to places and countries that most of us will never see.

Many beautiful pictures in each trip, with a first person narrative that is so well written that you'll feel that you are there.

I've set aside time to enjoy one of the trips, each day... a vicarious tour with a professional guide.

Thank you Steve!

I have read several his trip reports when he has provided links. I really enjoy reading about their trips. I really like the trip index because it shows the ships that he has cruised on. It would have been great if it would have shown the tour companies that he used. Steve is definitely a world traveler and seems like he is very knowledgeable. My DH and I are newbies, so I am learning by reading.

I know that I will enjoy many hours reading about his trips and I appreciate his taking the time to do this.

Thanks, Steve.

One of the challenges in posting the names of good guides, hotels, restaurants, etc. is that things change over time.

We had a very good guide in Tangiers a few years ago. Recommended in the Rick Steves book. My sister and husband used the same person last year and the apparent difference was day and night. They were very unhappy with him and his services. Restaurants and hotels change management, change owners as well.

The same applies to news reports. In the past we have traveled to Thailand, Greece, and Turkey when the news media, etc. were running reports that would put most people off. We were getting our data from expats who were actually on site and were providing data that was at variance to the news reports. So we went.

Back
Top Bottom