Travel insurance refund of air when airline offers voucher

Scuba

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We recently had to cancel a trip to Galapagos as I had ear issues while diving after booking the trip. Our insurance was purchased from TravelGuard and flights were on Aeromexico and American. The flights we bought were non-refundable, but we included their value in our trip coverage.

We have cancelled our itineraries with both airlines. American has put a flight credit in our online wallet for the value of the ticket purchased. While it's possible we may fly AA again before the voucher would expire in 4/22, we don't have any travel plans to an AA destination prior to that time. We are not big on going to Mexico, so doubt we would ever use an Aeromexico credit.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, were you able to decline/refuse the vouchers and get refunded through your travel insurance? Any advice about how to most efficiently and effectively do this would be appreciated!

Not directly, but I think the insurance company takes your vouchers. You should be covered. You had better ask them.

Not directly, but I think the insurance company takes your vouchers. You should be covered. You had better ask them.

I’m going to call them in the morning. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom