Trip to Chile in 2009

DougViages

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone traveled to Chile. My DW and I are looking at a two week trip probably in the first two weeks of March (Chile's late summer/early fall). We would rent a car upon arrival in Santiago, go to the coast and tour wine country areas. Then we wouldfly all the way south to Punta Arenas for four days. Finally, we would return for four days in Santiago.

Any help/knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks:D

Santiago in Marc

Hello there,

March is a pretty good time to come to Chile as the days are still warm, between 75F and 80F and sunny. In the evening it does cool off drastically getting down to the high 30's low 40's

Renting a car here is easy but I recommend getting an International Driving stamp/license as it will make things much easier for you.

There are several tour operators here that can help you plan you vacation down here. I would also recommend you find a tour operator in Chile. A good place to look is Chip Sites (just do a Google search for Chip Sites) they have a lot of information there written by Ex-Pats living in Chile.

If you need any further advice please feel free to contact me, I am an American Ex-Pat living in Santiago for 7 years, I love it :)

All the Best

Dan 'The Gringo' Brewington

Dan, you can help me a lot.

Usted es el Hombre, amigo!

We are experienced independent travelers, and spent two weeks in Argentina (with side trips to Uruguay and Brazil) a few years ago. I spoke passable Spanish back then, I'll be reviewing and getting back on that horse. I have used the Trip Advisors website for research, along with other sources.

I am looking at staying in the Hotel Oceanic (Vina Del Mar), Hotel Casa Silva on the Vina Casa Silva, the Jose Noriega in Punta Arenas, and the Hotel Orly in Santiago.

I will renew my International Drivers License.

We want to relax by the Pacific for a few days, tour some wineries and maybe see a rodeo, see the tip of S. America, and explore Santiago.

Give us some tips, we are not Tour Operator users, I really figure that I can pull off a good independent trip.

Hasta que oigo!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom