Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-25-2023, 03:17 AM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecfo View Post
We had a great quick visit to New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. Weather was in the 70s-fabulous.

Perhaps an underrated warm weather destination.
Cold weather is necessary to scare all the tourists away from Acme Oyster House so I can get in without waiting in line...
TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2023, 06:01 AM   #42

We are on the east coast of Florida where I can just walk out the back door to a landscaped backyard I created in anticipation of retirement 10+ years ago. Our concrete driveway goes around the back to the opposite end of the house to the garage door. It is surrounded by a lot of decorative rock with a few areas of grass. There is also a 24' x 32' concrete patio that is fully covered by a pergola with a hot tub, seating/conversation area, and a dining area next to the grill. In the mornings I ride my recumbent bike along the beach and in the afternoons tinker with hobbies and generally relax later with a nice chocolate stout under the pergola before taking a dip in the hot tub. Why would I want to go anywhere else?
Just like finances for retirement we planned on a "vacation" backyard for the times when we could not travel.

Cheers!
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:37 AM   #43

+1 for Cozumel, but then we lived there for 3 years. Friends and diving without a wet suit even in the winter... Lots of places in Yucatan and Quintana Roo...
Surewhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:47 AM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

We are currently beating the cold on Padre Island across from Corpus Christi, Texas. We must like it because it's our third trip here in four years. Up early to see the sun rise on the beach and looking out at the blue skies and sun that we have been missing.
Trailwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:37 AM   #45
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailwalker View Post
We are currently beating the cold on Padre Island across from Corpus Christi, Texas. We must like it because it's our third trip here in four years. Up early to see the sun rise on the beach and looking out at the blue skies and sun that we have been missing.
yes, that is a nice spot. A little quicker drive than South Padre.
Montecfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 04:15 PM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacergal View Post
Hawaii.
Anytime of year!
Now, there's an idea.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 04:42 PM   #47
Recycles dryer sheets

We bought a place in Naples last year (between downtown Naples and Marco Island). We plan to be snowbirds next year when our youngest heads off to college. Golf, tennis, pool and spa.
OnTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:13 PM   #48

Have moved to as warm a winter climate as I seem to need here in Virginia. I've only rarely taken winter vacation trips to warm places.
Out of Steam is offline   Reply With Quote