Join Early Retirement Today

Wimdu
Old 06-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Wimdu

We have booked accommodations with Wimdu several times in the past, with satisfactory results, but currently we are undergoing an experience that is frustrating to the nth degree.

In February of this year we booked, and paid for, a studio in Malaga for 18 days in November; at the time of booking the host advised us that the studio was on the 4th floor and that the building had no elevator, to which, since I was stair climbing, we replied that it would not be a problem.

Subsequently, within the last few days, since I am fighting sciatica and do not know when/if it will subside, we re-contacted the host who was amenable to a straight swap with another of her units in a building that has an elevator. No problem......we thought.

We are currently engaged in a convoluted, and in our opinion totally unnecessary, bureaucratic procedural morass with the Wimdu staff - although they have been paid in full for over six months and this is/should be something solveable by a simple click of a mouse button, (same dates, same amount of money, same host), they obdurately insisted that we have to cancel unit #1, rebook (and pay for) unit #2, and then they will send us a 'full' refund, (without clarifying, even when asked directly, that it will be the exact amount we initially paid, since their terms & conditions call for a 'cancellation fee').

Just now, (I guess in a vain attempt to 'prove' that they are not totally intractable), they suggest we cancel and then they will send us a voucher to be used for the rebooking, (DW has found reviews where posters allege, (we have no way of verifying these claims), that said vouchers were either not in the amount(s) expected or in a different currency from that initially paid.)

Everything is in abeyance at this point, although our first reaction was that we suggest that they simply apply the voucher to the second unit, but (and the Brit expression "Jobsworths" springs to mind), that will likely be the proverbial exercise in futility......somewhat like dealing with the government...any government.

Being an optimist I'm tempted to leave things as they stand and 'hope' I'll be sciatica free by November.

Sheesh.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2016, 05:15 AM   #2
Give me a forum ...

Almost at the end (we hope) of this combo Kafkaesque ordeal....("We will give you a secret code which you will then repeat back to us..") and bureaucratic nightmare, (with a little 'Nuremberg Defense' "We were only following orders" thrown in).......why this couldn't have been completed with a single mouse click we'll likely never know.

Still doubt we'll use Wimdu again.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:08 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Never used their service before, in fact never even heard of it til now. Doesn't sound like I'll want to follow in your footsteps!! Good luck with both the sciatic pain and the rebooking!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:20 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Never used their service before, in fact never even heard of it til now. Doesn't sound like I'll want to follow in your footsteps!! Good luck with both the sciatic pain and the rebooking!
We've done well with them...until this bureaucratic nightmare.....rebooking appears to have been (finally) processed.

Sciatica: Have an MRI scheduled for the late evening of July 05...thanks for the well wishes.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:53 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Seeing the title of this thread, I thought it was another post by rayinpenn and wondered what it was.
Have never dealt with Wimdu. So you did have to cancel, receive a voucher and then rebook? Was the voucher for the correct amount?
Wow, I'm shocked how long it takes to schedule an MRI in your area. Hope all goes well for you.
splitwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:12 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitwdw View Post
Have never dealt with Wimdu. So you did have to cancel, receive a voucher and then rebook? Was the voucher for the correct amount?
We had to file a 'cancellation request', then they gave us a voucher number (in the correct amount, we obtained written confirmation of that before cancelling), then we gave them the voucher number that they had just given us* - things 'appear' to be resolved at this point.

(*We were advised that these procedures were for our protection but, being somewhat suspicious, we wonder if the people who run the company aren't keeping a tight rein on their employees in order to prevent them from engaging in 'frowned upon practices' - who knows?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitwdw View Post
Wow, I'm shocked how long it takes to schedule an MRI in your area. Hope all goes well for you.
Welcome to Ontario - ironically, we were amazed at how fast the scheduling was.