Votes: 78 63.9%
  • Vote By Mail or Absentee Vote

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I Never Vote

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I usually vote absentee as I'm on the road and it's tough to be home on a Tuesday to vote.

The wait in line was 2 hours and when I finally got to the voting area, the judge decided my signature did not look like the 20 year old signature in the record book. Grrrr. Bring on online voting.

Regular voting otoh is a breeze.

You're lucky. They'd probably think I was John Wilkes Booth from my signature.

I regard voting as a tremendous privilege, and as dumb as it may sound to some, I *want* to go in person. I get a kick out of walking in there on Election Day along with a large number of neighbors, some of who I recognize; getting my name crossed off the roll; walking into that voting booth; and voting in person. I have never had to wait very long at all....What a great celebration of freedom and of being an American citizen. I'm sure citizens of other free countries feel the same.

+1
I enjoy the process and am one of those that vote in every single election. I appreciate it as an opportunity that so many in the world don't have.

I have voted by mail due to military assignments. That won't change since I've moved back home...especially when I see the LONG lines on election day!

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

I ****hate**** waiting for anything.

Absentee/mail in ballot all the time.

I vote the only way one can vote in Oregon, by mail.

I've always voted in person, even when I lived in Houston and the lines were sometimes very long. Now that I live in the central/east Texas countryside, I drive to the county court house to vote (about 15 mins away) and where there is never a line for anything. They usually have 10 to 12 voting booths and I've never seen a line (even to show my ID to vote :cool:)

Here in PA we have to vote in person unless not physically able to come to the polls. I hate it--it's very hard to research the local candidates...In PA we don't get a sample ballot so we have to rely on the newspaper, which I don 't buy. Walking into the polling place without being able to know exactly who/what is on the ballot is undemocratic.
Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

In my part of Pennsylvania, you can do a mail-in ballot if you are away on vacation or sabbatical. You can also go online and search for your county's sample ballot. Then scroll through to find your town's sample ballot. I'm pretty sure they also list, below the link for the sample ballot, if there are any referendum questions for particular towns. See if your county has this online.
I vote in person, it's only a 10 minute walk to the firehouse which is our polling station. I live in a small borough and there's never a wait to vote. I got roped in to fill in as a poll worker last year......it's like watching paint dry. It was the longest day of my life. A few people in the morning, a couple more at noon and almost everyone else was there by 5.

I cant remember the last election I missed and like going to the polls. As I've gotten older, I reflect that my grandparents and father immigrated and became naturalized citizens. They were so proud to be US citizens and cherished their right to vote. They would take me to the polls with them so I guess it's my personal tradition.

We vote in person- we're in a small town and there if there is a wait, it's very short. Plus, I'm retired so not in a hurry to begin with!

As far as voting in person goes, perhaps it should be separated by early voting and voting on Election Day? More people I know actually use early voting these days, at least where and when it is available.

I've always voted in person. Probably will continue to do that, unless the lines become unreasonable. I don't anticipate that around here, though.

Early and often. Actually, as an Oregonian who is also out of state in November, by mail.

I usually vote in person now that I'm in a rural area and the polling place isn't crowded. But many years ago I attempted to vote in an election in a growing area where the county officials badly misjudged the turnout at the local precinct. I showed up to vote after work only to find the line out the door and halfway down the block, and decided to sit this one out. Afterwards it was reported that the last in line didn't get to cast their vote until just prior to 10 PM - long after the winner had been announced...

Texas has early voting which I do in person. There is seldom a line. Once in a great while, we've voted on the actual election day and there were absolutely no lines. I think most people early vote in Texas.

Absentee ballots are avilable for those over 65 and those out of their area on election day. I don't think it's heavily reviewed on who claims to be out of theri voting area.

Sample ballots are on line. The actual ballot changes by precinct since there are so many water boards, school districts, cities that vary within any county.

I am an election volunteer. So every election I get to see our democracy in action. It is a great privileged to work the vote. I wish there was a higher turnout, but all I can do is make my vote and then make voting as easy as possible for other voters.

I generally vote in the manner of our people, by filling in small ovals on a sheet of paper.

It is our way.

I generally vote in the manner of our people, by filling in small ovals on a sheet of paper.

It is our way.

I prefer filling small ovals on paper as opposed to the computer kiosk. Our polling place has a choice of paper ballot or computer kiosk (for the gutsy). The election workers talked me into going with the computer kiosk last time - it malfunctioned. So I had to do a redo on paper. I'm going straight to the paper ballot this election.

Generally in person on election day. I have worked as poll worker and poll watcher before and for those elections I voted early.

I missed this years primary and I felt bad about it, I was going to be on the mainland and missed the deadline to get an absentee. It was only the 3rd or 4th time I missed voting in my life :(

The entire state of Oregon is vote by mail. It is convenient and cheaper to administrate. I used to go to my local polling place and had great fun gossiping with my neighbors and poll workers. Unfortunately my favorite poll worker has passed away (Mickey Loloich's Mom) so voting by mail is OK.

Back
Top Bottom