New England

We have lived in MA for more than 30 years now and very much appreciate all New England has to offer. The COL was factored into our retirement plans and so we should not be forced to move in order to maintain our budget.

So far, we have spent a lot of our time, since retirement, seeing many of the sights that New England has to offer. As a taste, here we are, yesterday, on a quick trip around the southern part of Rhode Island (Port Judith lighthouse) ...

img_1489393_0_c5d4097edc3d05f6a1fbd7fc503a1f86.jpg

--
Wayne.

We have lived in MA for more than 30 years now and very much appreciate all New England has to offer. The COL was factored into our retirement plans and so we should not be forced to move in order to maintain our budget.

So far, we have spent a lot of our time, since retirement, seeing many of the sights that New England has to offer. As a taste, here we are, yesterday, on a quick trip around the southern part of Rhode Island (Port Judith lighthouse) ...

img_1489526_0_c5d4097edc3d05f6a1fbd7fc503a1f86.jpg

--
Wayne.

I was their a few weeks ago - very nice area the waves are massive in the winter!

I spent 8+ years in New England, and I can definitely see what all of you like about it.

But as I age, I want to be able to be out walking almost every day, without driving to some recreation area. Snow and ice and slush are a pain, and even sometimes dangerous. I can remember taking some spectacular falls on Boston streets, which I would not want to repeat at my age or older.

Also, I think I would be a poor candidate for snow birding. (Cost, hassle, and preference for having one place)

Ha

We have been somewhere in Western Suburbs of Boston for last 20 years. I like its European look and feel. When I bike/walk through my town I feel fortunate to live in such a nice place.
It is expensive but given good jobs in the area I feel it is better deal than Silicon Valley.
Change of season is another thing I like a lot. Just like home in Europe :)

Back
Top Bottom