Of Two Minds Blog

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
This current Charles Hugh Smith article is very long.https://www.oftwominds.com/blog.html

I'm taking it a section at a time. Am guessing not too many people will read the whole blog, but I've noticed more and more , here on ER... more frustration and confusion about money and how it works in the US. Waiting for a recession, and looking at the future of Social Security, as well as the concerns about the infra structure and of course, the environment.

Lots of look backs at economic history... for me, reliving the 2001 and 2008 and 2018 years, I can see close comparisons... the Fed, changes in techology and the "job" losses, but a few.

I'll be using the article as reference, as there's too much detail for a single read for this old man.:blush:

Last edited:
Here is a summary of the blog entry linked in the OP
Economically, the 11 years since the Global Financial Crisis of 2008-09 have been one relatively coherent era of modest growth, rising wealth/income inequality and coordinated central bank stimulus every time a crisis threatened to disrupt the domestic or global economy.

This era will draw to a close in 2020 and a new era of destabilization and uncertainty begins.

I clicked on the link, and the article is:

No Matter How Much Money the Fed Prints, We Still Can't Afford Nice Things

I don't think that's the piece that you're talking about. Probably traded out the lead article on the blog?

Back
Top Bottom