Who says there is no Tax Haven in US?

Meghan may have a similar problem now depending on how they have structured their finances, but I sure they can afford good advice.

Agreed. I'd guess US taxes are the least of their worries. I'd suspect they buttoned that all up well before the marriage. She may have no income at all.

But it would be interesting to find out how that all works!

Agreed. I'd guess US taxes are the least of their worries. I'd suspect they buttoned that all up well before the marriage. She may have no income at all.

But it would be interesting to find out how that all works!

As I understand it they are planning on the eventual reunification with England to fix any international tax problem.

USA social problems + Brexit = Reuniting with England in the near future.

Of course the President will probably have to spend a token night in some dungeon to demonstrate our true repentance. And then there is the spelling issue, but these things can be worked out. But our CIA spooks can all be 00's, and we will have legitimate use of all those great words like 'gobsmacked'.

I'm not sure what will happen to the Irish Americans. They would overwhelm the Irish Republic. Perhaps we can ship them to Australia? :D

Is this another "let's means test for the ACA!" again? Because if so, that train has long left the station.

Means testing for ACA is a great idea! Glad to hear it's moving ahead!

So, if Meghan and Harry were to have a child it woild automatically a US citizen. Harry’s family has a lot of money, and at some future moment some of that money would correspond to the child. While an inheritance is not subject to US federal taxation, the income it produces would be. Depending on the circumstances, that might mean the US is taxing UK royal family income. That could get sticky.

I wonder how Meghan intends to deal with FATCA and the FBAR.

I'm pretty sure the Meghan is now a british citizen not sure what that would mean for any children she gives birth to.

Back
Top Bottom